Chapter 43 - The Colossus

Chapter 43 – The Colossus

I wake up in the next painting surrounded by people that are running in a panic.

I don't understand it right away, why all appear so frightened, because I don't look up.

I understand when I do.

A giant is just looming over us. And he doesn't look friendly.

Just once swing of his hand, and we're all dead. It's over for us.

I run away with the crow, being overtaken by people on horses and carriages. AT one point, one almost runs me over.

Everyone is just screaming and running for their lives. They don't care about the collateral damage. They just want to save themselves.

This is the second time I encounter a giant. The last time he ate me. So, I don't want to stick around either, but honestly, what's the point of running away?

If this painting is trying to give me a lesson, maybe it's something about how powerless against this curse as I am.

I can try to cheat it, the way the people around me are also uselessly trying to save themselves.

Or I can accept it.

In two steps the giant can catch up with us. And this curse has all the power, so I can marry Gustave, or somehow get help from people in paintings like the angel, but in the end, I can't control anything.

I can't control anything.

I stop running.

I look up at the giant.

I look at him right in the eyes.

He doesn't seem to see me, or notice me though.

I am inconsequential.

He looks nowhere near me. He's just kind of standing around, ignoring the people running away even.

He's just there and tall. But... he doesn't look like he's out for blood.

I might be wrong though, so I stay there and I look at him.

Until he suddenly turns around and take a couple of steps, with no apparent goal on his face.

Steps I don't manage to dodge, and he actually ends up kicking me without even noticing me, sending me flying ungodly far.

I am inconsequential to this giant.

And also dead. Very dead.

The impact on my body when I hit the ground again kills me almost instantly.