chapter twenty three

❃°⊱✧⁎⋆*۵'•༄'

"My vision was blurry and my eyes were red and black. I still managed to see the beautiful and bright outline of your body in the dark.
Your hand reached out for my hand to touch it and I could see your enlightened figure walking closer to me as my mind was making up its own music of euphoria and adrenaline.
My alter ego and my pride was all over the place as my heart was turning into falling leaves and dying trees.
Your love feels so sweet but yet so poisonous to me."

Todd's POV

"I love you like I hate every single thing that stirs pain into my soul and hatred in my mind."

"Even if I was to die on my own I would pray for you to be under my skin and in my bones."

"You know, my mind is full of you, but my heart calls out for Neil and only Neil."

"My heart is filled with you, and him."

"But you are not him."

She says, finding just the right words to break every single piece of my glass heart once again.

"I can be him."

"No."

"But you are not what he dreams of."

"Okay even if I am not, it is not of your busin-"

"You are what I dream of.."

I softly say and look in her eyes.

God,those damn eyes....

"Why are you doing this? Todd?"

"Because I can't help it."

"Well maybe you should start considering what you should and what you should not do."

"I can't..."

"Why?"

"Because it is too late.. At least I guess it is."

I whisper.

"It is not."

"It is. I am fucked."

"Well if you are too fucked up to do it then maybe someone else should do it for you. And that one is not me."

She angrily says and she turns around so that she can leave. I run after her and grab her by her wrist, turning her around.

"What are you doing?"

"Why did you say you wanted to kiss me?"

"What?"

"Earlier today.. Why did you say you wanted to kiss my lips?"

I ask and wait for her reply. I can feel cold sweat covering every inch of my body and my lips going dry.

"Because I am stupid."