𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

❃°⊱✧⁎⋆*۵'•༄'

Todd's POV

"Hey, Y/n!?"

I say, with my heart skipping a beat, only with the sound of her name.

"What is it?"

She asks me, coldly.

"Could we, uh... Talk?"

"Sure thing. What about?"

"Us."

I just reply and sit next to her. I look at the way the water is so clear and calm in the lake. I look at her and just take a deep breath in, getting ready to get through a conversation with her again.

"So... What do you want?"

"Huh? Yeah! Look, I am sorry about what happened, I just thought... I don't know. I am just so blinded. It just feels like I am trapped, you know? I am in love with you, really. And Neil is in love with you too. God, he is so in love with you. He is the one for you, I know... And I can't change that... You are the one for him too, and that's for sure, and I can't change that either. But you know what, this is not just for you. It's about Neil too. I like Neil. It sounds pathetic, let's say. But I like him. He may be my best friend, but that's the truth. In addition, I am tired. I am so tired of bottling up my feelings. I am tired of always being the one who never talks and stands up for himself. I am tired of being that one guy everyone takes for granted. I am tired, Y/n. It sickens me."

I cry out, trying to hold back my sobs.

"It's probably just the fact that you and Neil, you two, are the only people who give me that much attention. You make me feel special. You both make me feel things. And I fell back on in the sweet and soft cloud of the life I always have been dreaming of having... It's probably the way you look at me or the way he laughs. And you know what else? It's probably even the way his eyes light up whenever he hears your name, or the sound of your voice. Even in the way your mouth draws a smile on your angelic face every time he touches you. It has to be that... What I am trying to say is that I can't understand why I am not good enough. I can't believe it. Why am I never enough? And sooner or later, noone will be here to save you. This is your world. This is your world, Y/n. And no matter what, I will be here for you in a heartbeat, and that's what bothers me. I want to be free. I want to stop sitting still and quiet in this lie. I want it to stop."

I say and she just looks at me, with a tear running down her left cheek.

"Todd..."