Fear Itself

"Okay. Either you admit that 'Warp Trek' Five, which reunited the entire original cast of the classic TV series, deserved to be on your 'Favorite Rentals' list, or..." the long haired, overweight male pushes a button on his remote control. An evil smile appears on the screen of the giant TV screen next to him.

"Please! I-I don't even know what 'Warp Trek' is!" the brunette cashier says as she crawls backwards towards her counter.

"And that, my little tribble, is why you must be destroyed!" The redhead pushes the button on his remote and the TV growls. Two cables attached to the TV begin to spark as they move towards the clerk. She screams and jumps over the counter behind her. The TV floats towards her but gets blasted away by a blast from Cyborg's sonic cannon.

The geeky man gasps and turns to face us. "Well, well, well. If it isn't my old arch-nemesis... ses. The Teen Titans!"

"Um, yeah," Beast Boy says before turning to Cyborg. "Who is this guy?" The mechanical male shrugs in response. The criminal pushes the button on his remote and the wall of screens flick on behind him. Each TV shows a recording of the nerdy male.

"I am the master of monsters! I am your darkest nightmares come to life! I am... Control Freak!" the screens say and applaud. I stare at the male with a bored look before rolling my eyes.

"A couch potato with a souped-up remote. I'm petrified," Raven says, sardonically.

"You will be. You will be." Control Freak pushes a button on his remote and the movie drop box behind Raven grows in size. The thing growls and the half-demon stares up at it in shock. Cyborg slams into the drop box, denting it.

"Don't worry, Raven! I can drop the drop box!" The robotic male lifts the possessed object above his head and throws it at a shelf. Cyborg jumps on top of the drop box and lays into it.

"Get his remote!" Robin shouts as he, and the rest of us, rush towards the geeky criminal.

"Show's not over, Titans. And if you thought Part One was scary, just wait for the sequels!" Control Freak exclaims. He uses his remote again and the two cash registers begin to glow. Little frowny faces appear on the registers as they threateningly hold up their scanners.

"Seriously?" I say with an unimpressed look. Control Freak dramatically drops to the floor on his side and pushes a button. One of the cabinets holding the videos bends forwards, throwing the cases to the floor. When it stands back up two red VHS cases sit on the top shelf like eyes and a few white cases sit on the bottom shelf, acting as teeth. Control Freak twirls around and pushes a button, bringing a samurai cutout to life.

The nerdy criminal clicks the button on his remote one last time and two popcorn machines in the corner gain conciseness. The samurai charges and Robin pulls out his staff as the popcorn machines start firing popcorn kernels at me. "You have got to be kidding me," I scoff. I start towards the popcorn machines to unplug them, when a stream of liquid butter flies past me. A second shot of butter flies past, catching the side of my arm and I shout as it burns me.

My eyes glow neon (f/c) as a glare makes its way to my face. A (f/c) bubble appears around the two machines, causing them to pause their next attack. I bend down to pick up a piece of broken wood from one of the destroyed shelves and the machine fires more butter. I whip the piece of wood around and throw it at the popcorn machine, impaling one of them. The remaining machine fires another stream of butter and I duck out of the way.

The popcorn machine suddenly starts to shake, before pushing itself off the counter with some cables. "This is getting ridiculous." Molten butter comes flying at me, causing me to jump back and out of the way. I lean down to pick up another piece of wood and fling it at the machine. Just when I think the wood is gonna hit, it gets blasted back by a stream of butter.