5. This is fate!

Jaipur | India

Nothing in life happens without reason. It wasn't without reason that Akshara had walked into the dull life of Abhimanyu like a ray of sunshine. It wasn't without reason that she left him, even if that reason was unknown to him at the moment. It was fate that bought them together, pulled them apart and was now working its mysterious wings again. Because if not fate, then why were they both in Jaipur, at the same time, in the same hotel- lost in each other's eyes?

..................

Some time ago-

Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu cursed himself for the nth time. Why did he suggest this? He should have tolerated his family's words and concerns. In order to escape Udaipur, he had dug himself a deeper whole. He wanted to escape talks about her and memories. Now, he was running towards a place that was like a storehouse memories. A place where it all started! Where he married her and saw dreams of his happy forever.

He sighed and looked at his nephew Shivansh who was asleep in his mother's arms. He felt envious of that months old child. If only he could find such innocent peace again! The little buddle of joy had been his distraction all the way to Jaipur but now that he was in dreamland, Abhimanyu had no choice but face his living nightmare.

He looked out and winced at he saw an advertisement board for Samode Palace. He turned the other way and closed his eyes in agitation. It felt like fate had decided to mock him that day. There was a barat on the other side. It reminded him of his own. It reminded him of her. He never believed in love and marriages until her. Now he could not believe in them again because of her. Yet, everything he saw reminded him of her.

He could see the looks of pity Parth and Shefali were throwing at him. He knew they were concerned but it bothered him. So, he settled on pretend sleeping till they arrived at the hotel. Parth shook him awake, not that he was sleeping but that's a secret for him and us. Abhimanyu stretched his arms and got out of the car. It was a fine resort.

Abhimanyu: This?

Shefali: Haan, mere boss yahin ruke hue hai. Maine unhe kaha ki hum aa rahe hai to unhone kaha ki vo humari booking idhr hi karenge.

Parth: Quite lucky for us. Iss place ki booking jldi se milti nahi hai..

Shefali: Specially these days kyunki koi competition ke contestants yahin ruke hue hai. It is fully packed. Infact, competition host bhi inhi ke auditorium me ho raha hai...

Abhimanyu nodded as they walked towards the reception. Parth gave in their details and took the keys.

Shefali: Abhimanyu, Parth. Tum dono room me jao. Shivu ko bhi le jao. Mai lobby me hi rukti hoon.

Parth: Kyu? Tum thaki nahi travel se..

Shefali: Tired toh hoon but team ko briefing deni hai aur jo competition hone wala uski details bhi collect krni hai...(looks at the banners) looks like a singing competition...

Abhimanyu: (in mind) she is a fabulous singer! Agar vo sb nahi hua hota toh hum sb bhi usse competition me cheer krte ate...Ak-

He stopped his mind from hurting him further and took Shivansh in his arms.

Abhimanyu: Thik hai Bhabhi. Aur vo surgery ka?

Shefali: Reports tumhe mail kr di hogi. Subah milna hai patient se...Once again, thank you for doing this Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu noded and gave her tight lipped smile before leaving towards his room. Another sleepless night flew him by in an unfamiliar bed in a familiar city.