chapter 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

ᵍʳᵒᵘᵖⁱᵉ

˚₊‧꒰ა 🎤 ‧₊˚

[ i want you ]

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚. But the boys had been true to their word, calling you every night, just like they did during their Japan tour. 

Speaking of, the two of you were snuggled up on her couch whilst you held her phone up to one another's opposite ear, the device practically squished against your cheeks. "And are the crowds big?" Mary asked. 

"Well, we're selling out every night," Freddie answered. He had informed you of his whereabouts; a telephone booth outside of a large club near their hotel. "I just wish you two were here to see it. They really love us."

"Who wouldn't, bubs?" you chuckled. "Oh, have you been claiming your love for each state?"

"But of course, my darling. Quite a good idea, dear. The crowds love it," he answered with a laugh. "But how are my two favorite girls?"

"We're good," Mary said. 

"Just missing you and the boys," you added. 

"Ah, that reminds me, Y/N/N. Roger said he was going to call you later," Freddie suddenly remembered. 

You felt heat rising to your cheeks, and by the sound of Mary's giggles and her pinching at your arms, it was clear that were was a pink hue blossoming on your face. "Thanks, bubs. Tell him I'll be waiting."

"Oh, I know you'll be," he said, and you rolled your eyes, sensing the devious smirk through the phone. "Anyhow, what are you girls doing? You can't possibly be having any fun without me?"

"Nothing as exciting as America," Mary replied. There was a lull in Freddie's response, and we shared a look of confusion.

Little did we know, Freddie was too busy watching a man hop out of his truck with a lustful grin and a once-over aimed at the singer. 

"Say hi to the boys for us," you said, hoping to gain his attention again. 

After a moment, he finally spoke, "I will. Love you, bubs."

"Bye, bubs. I love you."

"And I love you, Mary."

"I love you too," she smiled, before placing the phone back in its stand. "Is the popcorn ready?"

"Yes! Buttered and salted to perfection," you grinned. With a happy hop to her step, Mary plopped down on the seat beside me as you turned on the television, The Aristocats playing not a second later, due to your perpetual love for Disney. 

You were sitting in my apartment, reading Lord of the Rings to pass the time. You were quite bored and was inclined to call someone from the band to hang out with, but you knew that they were all exhausted from only just returning from America a few days ago.