✨PROLOGUE✨

My eyes swept across the room and they found Akshita's red ones. She sat on the couch right opposite of my mother. The hurt that laced her eyes was something I wished I could give her but now that she looked like a blank piece of paper, I wished I didnt meet her ever again to begin with, no; I wished I never fell in love with a liar. I leaned back on the window.

My brother stood silent, so did everyone else. "If not for me over hearing you both arguing, I would have never found out how unhappy you are." My mother sobbed as she wiped a hand across her face.

"Mom..." I was cut off with a raised voice.
"Not a word Abhishek." She glared at me. "Tell me why? she asked softly looking at Akshita. Why are you putting up with him? We werent here for months, did he ever hurt you?"

I felt a stab of pain on my mothers accusation. My eyes swept to Akshita who was still looking at me with something I couldnt quite comprehend.
"I cannot answer a statement." Akshita finally spoke. Her dreading words seeped in me. My jaw ticked and my throat itched. What else could I expect?

"Sorry Mrs Shekhawat, yours is not a question but a simple assertion that you didn't raise your son right. I dont know about your son, My husband would never do anything such sort." Her voice bolder just like I have known all my life, but this time it was confident. My eyes flicked to her in pure surprise yet a knowing of what we were. This was not what I hoped after she pushed a finger against my chest, telling me she hated me.

She looked at me again. "And what is between me and he is ours to keep. Its been almost a year of our marriage and I am not looking for anyone to decide on our part what to do with It." Her eyes slowly returned to my mother. "And I don't care how rude it may sound, but I am disappointed how you had not once considered Abhi's feelings." She got up and rushed outside the study.

My mother remained still. Her sniffs and sobs emerging in silence before she looked at me again. And you wanted nothing but to give her pain. She gave me a disappointing stare.
I followed Akshita.
I ran to the same very room we were arguing in. The door was ajar; I walked inside just to find her sitting on the edge of the bed. Her shoulders trembled.

"Why did you lie?" I asked shutting the door. She looked up and her eyes flooded with tears.
"This is the first time I did not tell a lie to anyone, not to myself, not to you and not even your mother. I am tired of it all so I will tell you another truth..." She covered the distance between us. Her chin trembled while her breath got uneven. She stood so close and all I could do was to watch her rising and falling chest, trying not to beg her to say it, the truth.

"I love you." She said as she broke into sobs, and I saw those walls I was trying so hard to break being crushed into ashes. Her body shuddered as she put her weight on me. Her forehead rested on my shoulder as her pain escalated into my own body, my own chest. "I couldn't stop myself Abhi, I am really sorry..." her voice faded into cries while my heart shattered.

'And you just ruined yourself for her again.' I warned myself, pulling her into my arms until there was no space left.

ROYAL ENEMIES
~the rose and thorns kind~