Chapter 12

Sailing towards the Driftmark, where Laena's funeral and burial will be held. As soon as they arrived, Rhaenys and Corlys welcomed them with such sadness and grief in their eyes. Baela and Rhaena immediately went to hug their grandmother as Elaena remained behind. As Rhaenys looked over where Elaena was, Corlys nodded his head and took Baela and Rhaena with him as Rhaenys walked towards Elaena who was completely zoned out looking over at the sea.

"Losing someone is hard." Rhaenys stated as Elaena went back to reality, looked at Rhaenys and quickly wiped her tear-soaked cheeks.

Elaena smiled, "My deepest condolences, Princess Rhaenys." She replied and bowed her head.

Rhaenys smiled, "This must be hard on you too." She answered.

Elaena averted her eyes back to the sea, feeling the salty wind passed by, "Laena was my friend. She was kind, took great care of her daughters, of me." She stated as Rhaenys stepped towards her and engulfed her in a hug.

"I know, sweetling. But life is cruel to those we care the most." She muttered and patted Elaena in the back. And guided her towards where the burial will take place.

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merlin King where He will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore."

Vaemond Velaryon spoke in High Valyrian and glanced at Rhaenyra, Elaena noticing this as she stood beside Daemon, glared at him for being such a disrespectful cunt.

"Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick."

Daemon sensing his daughter's rage, quickly held her hand, running his thumb on the back of her hand, soothing and calming her, for he knew his daughter from when she was a child until she's a woman-grown and knew that her patience was not to be trifled with and was running thin. Elaena was glaring daggers towards Vaemond who continued to assault Rhaenyra and her children.

"Ours runs true. And ours must never thin."

Daemon chuckled, earning the attention of everyone as his hold tightened on his daughter's hand. Elaena's eyes began to sting, biting her lips as she prevented a tear to shed from her eyes.

"My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea shall we return."

Elaena never left her eyes as the wooden coffin of Laena sank into the sea. Heaving a breath as the funeral ended and everyone gathered at the open area of the Driftmark where the luncheon was taking place. Elaena excused herself, Daemon nodded his head and placed a kiss on her temple as she went towards Helaena. Who greeted her happily and engulfed her in a hug, the same thing that Aegon did.

"Oh, my sweet Helaena, you've grown into a beautiful lady." Elaena spoke and kissed her head.

Helaena continued to get stuck on her side, refusing to leave her as Aegon on her right side, both terribly missing their cousin so much.

"I missed you, Elaena." Aegon stated and kissed her cheeks, "The letters weren't enough." He added.

As Elaena averted her eyes towards Aemond who awkwardly stood and watched them, Aemond didn't have any memories with Elaena for he wasn't born when Elaena left King's Landing and only heard stories from his older brother and sister about her and seeing her right now, only attest of how gorgeous she is.