Chapter 16

"Elaena."

Elaena grunted as she moved away from whoever was waking her up. Hearing a chuckle, she furrowed her eyebrows and slowly opened her eyes and saw Arden sitting on the bed wearing nothing except his trousers.

"What is it?" She questioned.

"You have to get up now."

"Give me more time to sleep, Arden."

"I wish I could, My Lady. But today is the day that the petition of Vaemond Velaryon will be heard."

"I will cut the head of that jealous cunt."

Elaena cursed as she willed herself to get up, Arden was kind enough to help her bathe, wore her clothes, and even dried, brushed, and styled her hair. Elaena mumbled a thanks and kissed his cheeks, Arden froze at what she did, arching her brow as she stared at the man in front of her.

"What?"

"You kissed me."

"So? It's not our first time kissing each other, we even fucked each other, Arden."

Arden choked on his saliva as Elaena patted his back.

"That we did." Arden mumbled and nodded his head.

Elaena chuckled as Arden wore his clothes and together, they went down as Mysaria was already placing down food on the table.

"Eat your breakfast and begone."

"Are you kicking us out?" Elaena teased, smirking at her.

"I could not get some sleep because you're so loud, Elaena."

"What would you want me to do? Fuck with no noise... That's so bland, my dear friend." Elaena answered.

Mysaria shook her head as the three of them ate their breakfast. As soon as they're done, Elaena and Arden walk towards the Keep, smiling and greeting whoever recognizes her. Arden observed how everyone seemed to respect, fear, and love the lady who he's with and only made him want to stay by her side and protect her more.

"Lady Elaena, long time no see."

"Ah, yes, William. How are you?"

"I am fine, My Lady. How about you, I see you've grown more beautiful these past years."

Elaena chuckled, "Do you want to know my secret?" She teased and leaned forward.

Arden furrowed his eyebrows, as the old man laughed at something she said, the two eventually ended their conversation and Elaena moved forward towards the Keep.

"What did you say to him?" He asked.

"Secret." Elaena replied, smirking at him as he rolled his eyes as they continued.

Arriving at the Great Hall, a knight was about to announce her when Elaena shook her head, the soldier was quick enough to understand her and silently let the two in. Elaena, together with Arden beside her, blended with the crowd and listened as Otto stood on the Iron Throne.

"That fucking leech man." Elaena mumbled, Arden placed a hand on her small back, his thumb caressing it to somehow calm her.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." Otto started and sat down on the throne, Arden immediately snaked his hand around her waist as Elaena was about to step forward, "The Crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." He added.