(Story #1) Oni Princess and a Dragon

In the Cardinal world, there is a legendary great forest called the Great Jura Forest. The great forest is the home and habitat of monsters and magical beasts, so the forest is too dangerous for B-level adventurers to go alone.

However, the great forest holds many rare and valuable forest resources that many countries are willing to pay dearly to obtain.

And somewhere in the forest there is a village, but that village is not an ordinary village that is always inhabited by humans but an advanced and intelligent race of monsters called Ogres.

The village looks developed and the style of building the houses there is very unique from any country or the world. It's as if the village was built not from this world but from another world, with traditional Japanese style houses and an atmosphere that is just like a comfortable village to live in.

You can say it is peaceful and tranquil.

The village of course has its chief. The leader of the Ogres and the village is a very determined and brave person to ensure that the village under his care is safe and peaceful from any threat.

The head of the village also has two children, a boy and a girl. He used to have a wife. However, a tragedy occurred, his beloved wife died after giving birth to his second child, a baby girl who inherited her mother's beautiful pale pinky hair.

However, he never blamed the cause of his beloved wife's death on his daughter, instead he cared for and loved her equally as his first son. His daughter was then crowned with the title of Oni's Princess by her clan.

As decades have passed, the Princess has grown up to be a beautiful and charming girl, with the appearance of a petite little girl also with her kind and generous nature makes her even more beautiful to look at. She is also the only one who is expert and clever in using magic, especially holy magic such as healing and purification, even more expert and clever than the healers and spell casters in the village itself.

The same goes for his brother who has grown up to be a strong and powerful man, but just a bit hot-tempered and stubborn like their father.

That's the short background story of their family, a life that was bitter and sweet at the time.

Until an unexpected event happens...

෴෴෴෴෴෴෴

One day, where the morning was bright and sunny, all the villagers did their daily work such as planting vegetables, hunting, patrolling and others.

At the same time, the Princess was also doing her daily work which was also one of her favorite hobbies, which was collecting and looking for wild flowers and herbs in a forest.

And of course, she was not allowed to go there without a guard who would protect her from any threats. She was currently accompanied by two bodyguards chosen by her father himself.

As she picked and plucked the wild flowers and herbs with her full focus, she didn't realize that she had made them walk deeper into the forest until they reached a place like a vast green meadow.

"Ojōsama, we should turn around now"

{Author: Means "Young lady"}

One of the two guards advised the Princess to turn back as they had gone beyond the distance that her father had set.

In fact, if they walked a few more steps they would pass the border of the Great Jura Forest known as the Vast Plains. And that is outside the territory of the Great Jura Forest.

"Oh, wait, I seem to see something..."

Said the Princess as she brushed aside the leaves that were blocking her view to see the vast plain.