CHAPTER 1: FIRST MAGIC

I thought everything was the end... I thought that after all that had been taken from me...After losing him...All that was waiting for me is darkness...

A memory then resurfaces in my head, it was when I jumped in the portal and met several bones of the victims we sacrificed for the ritual. Children, women, men, no one was spared in this ceremony, including my own brother. When I found out, I was devastated thinking that perhaps karma has come knocking through my door for all the things I'd done. I thought that if everything was taken from me, I should have just followed him there. Where all have started. Will the Gods forgive me? I doubt the Gods heard my pleads nor the loud cry of my sorrows in my heart.

"Don't worry I'll catch up to you in heaven Rood." Although I won't be surprised if hell is the one waiting for me.

The blinding light made my eye squint, and after that, I came to my senses. I felt no ground or anything, it was as if I'm floating.

!

What came to my view was some pile of corpses; bones and their bodies slowly decaying. Something gushed through within me. Their emotions, despair, their anger, and their memories started to flow into me. I made myself small trying to contain this heavy flow of countless emotions, and there I felt a familiar presence.

"Brother......I'm scared..."

Rood!

I tried to look where that source is, and there to my horror found him. The small and fragile boy whom I cared for so much is now reduced to nothing but a skeleton. He was there floating as felt all his emotions and memories. The memories where mother was still alive. Those times when he was helpless yet he never loses hope. The pure joy when he finally met me, his brother. His sadness when his mother died. His fear towards those bastards. And his pride...

"My brother is the best magician in this world! That's why...

...If this helps him..."

"You really are an idiot..."

My tears won't stop flowing as I saw a vision where my brother offers himself to the ritual. That Mikel-nim, he knew...! But my grudge won't reach him anymore. I can only lament and regret as the weighted pain slowly crushed my body.

Suddenly black smoke emerges around me, amidst of the black mist a giant blue eyeball can be seen.

Is it a...demon...?

If it is then I guess this is my demise. I can't fight nor do I have the will to move forward. Then a voice can be heard.

"Human, do you wish to return?"

What...?

I tried to sharpen my ears, it was no doubt it came from the eyeball. But I couldn't understand what it was saying.

"Do you wish him to live?"

Is this demon trying to talk to me? Even so, I couldn't comprehend what it was trying to say, from the way it looks it wasn't hostile, but rather...

It was looking like it was sad. No, how could a demon be sad? It's harder to believe but do demons have emotions? I then recall the empty body of the demon king that Mikel showed me. There I thought that maybe demons are not real devils, maybe, perhaps it was us. Looking at the eyeball, I tried to reply, strangely I said something but I don't know nor remember what I said back then.

"Very well, as you wish, he will live again..."

Everything then turned black...

I was then ejected back to the ceremony site. I'm alive...! A bunch of tower magicians gathered around me telling me that the ritual failed. All of a sudden, noise can be heard. Judging from their reactions, it seems only I can hear it. I stood up and look for the source of the sound. There I found "him." Blond hair child chained, he seems like he was looking at the corpse in front of him. He was calm, no, perhaps he was more confused and lost. Others seems to follow me and saw him. They seemed overjoyed that such a miracle is happening in front of them, they seem planning of experimenting on him. ENOUGH! I had enough of their bullsh*t, I draw my swords and attack them. I tried to eliminate the people who were present at the ceremony, I tried to erase as many witnesses and shreds of evidence as I could. When my act was over I took "him" it seems that from all of the fiasco that happened, he fell asleep.