8(short)

Stanley was shy and definitely got bullied more than I did when I got here. Then again, he didn't have assault charges. He stole a pair of shoes. Well, technically, he didn't.

I groaned and stuck my shovel in the middle of my hole. Just tall enough. Then, I held it sideways to measure.
5 foot wide. 5 foot deep. I groaned and climbed out of my hole. I saw zero walking a couple yards in front of me, and I walked quickly to catch up.

"They're already done? No way" Stanley called. I glanced back at him amused.

"You dont know?" I heard magnets accent.

"Zeros like the fasted digger in the camp." He said, looking up at him.

"Nah, man Yns faster." X ray chimed in.

"He's a mole. I think he eats the dirt." one of the boys snickered.

We began walking down the road towards camp in silence. I glanced over at him a few times. Hoping he would say something so I didn't have to attempt to start a conversation.
Eventually, he broke the silence.

"Stanley's a slow digger," he mumbled. I nodded.

"Sliwer than I was," he scoffed.

"No, you were slower." I wiped my head to him

"Bullshit," I scoffed. He laughed and nodded.

"Yea you were" I shoved him slightly making him sidestep but he fell back into pace with me quickly.

...

We reached camp. I groaned and parted with zero towards the water spigot. I began filling my canteen when my peace was interrupted.

"Look who it is" I raised my head. Lump was leaning against the railing infrint of me, his buddies scattered around him as usual.

"Do you mind? I can smell you from here" I groaned.

"Mhm" he narrowed his eyes and rejoined his previous conversation.

I made my way back to tent d. Inside was zero, x ray, and magnet.

I flopped onto my bead, face first into the pillow. I groaned slightly.
I felt Magnet's presence as the bed by my feet sunk. I would usually kick him off the bed but I didn't have enough energy.

"That new kid sure is a slow digger," I heard Squid's Texan accent from behind me. I remembered the conversation from earlier. I lifted myself to my elbows.

"He's slower than i was right?" I asked no one in particular.

"Totally" X-ray said nodding.

"HA!" I yelled, pointing at zero. He rolled his eyes. Another wave of boys came, that being, Armpit and Zig. And after about a half hour of conversation, Zig, Magnet, and me left towards the wreck room to play pool.

"Stanley still not back?" Zig pointed out. I snickered lightly along with magnet.

...

A couple days later

Stanley had mostly earned the trust of the boys. I was sitting on the arm of a chair that xray occupied. I had taken it upon myself to crop one of my tank tops so I could at least look kind of cute while I sweat all day. Zig zag was sat in front of the TV staring at it intently. I squinted at the screen. It flicked with static but I could make out a faint black and white scene of a man on a horse.

"Is that gunsmoke?" I said blindly. Zig shrugged. I glanced up as Stanley entered the wreck room. My head snapped up again as a commotion was taking place.

"You watch it man" I hadn't seen what happened but Stanley muttered this as he stood. Lump hopped up from his chair and yelled something along the lines of 'the fUck you say to me?👹'
I watched intently as the boys all stood. I shot a look to zero.

The argument continued, and I stayed still. Lump grabbed Stanley causing xray to get between them. I stood now moving towards the lump of boys.

"Keep this punk away from me" lump pointed at Stanley.

...

A/n
Holy shit so sorry I haven't updated crazy shit been going on 💀💀
Next chapter won't be so short sorry for the mini chapt.