- 5 -

Ajax, thanks for the preliminary reading!

The visitor turned out to be Chris, who was either Dave's personal gentleman or his secretary. By the way, why Chris and not Christina? If we take into account some additional options for personal assistants... The thought that someone as handsome as Chris could fuck with Dave made me sick. How is Dave blackmailing him?! Or does Chris have Stockholm syndrome from childhood to the point of complete loss of personality?

But nothing, in the social services of Alnorria there are psychologists to work with victims of domestic violence.

Chris brought a photo album with Terrent family cards.

I don't get it, is this compensation? Dave's going into senile dementia and he thinks I'll forget about the attack for this junk? And there's also kidnapping, forcible detention, deprivation of contact with the world... No, he's definitely sick in the head.

"Take this back where you got it,' I told Chris.

"You don't want to see your father's face?" he was amazed. "Find out who your father was?"

"I already know who my father was. I don't give a damn how a scoundrel, a fool, a lazybones and a coward looked."

Chris almost puffed with indignation.

"Then you are the offspring of a scoundrel, a fool, a lazybones and a coward."

"I've lived with that fact for nineteen years," I snorted, "and I'll try to live at least another eighty. My father's problems don't concern me, I'm on my own."

"Don't you dare talk like that about the one who gave you life!"

"I have a complete and absolute right to this," I answered calmly and explained: "There is nothing wrong with abandoning a pregnant bride because love is a perishable and easily replaceable product. But not taking care of a child is a crime. Moreover, to take care of a child, you do not need to meet personally with him and his mother, it is enough to pay half the costs of food, clothes, medical insurance, a nanny, a housekeeper and school. And nothing prevented Albert from paying at least twenty percent of the child's bills in secret from his daddy!" I gave Chris a few moments to comprehend and I added: "Therefore, the dead biker that my granny invented for me as my father is better than a billionaire. No one expects responsibility from a biker initially, starting with a girl who wanted a child and found a male who that was handsome and didn't interfere afterward."

Chris was about to say something, but I interrupted:

"No one can choose their parents, but anyone and everyone is able to choose themselves and make themselves independently of them."

"You don't know anything about Master Albert to judge him!"

"What ardor!" I appreciated his emotional outburst. All the icy crust he showed the world was gone. And I guessed: "You slept with him?"

Chris twitched, not in outrage, but as it caught him off guard. I nodded:

"If Albert had not been a scoundrel, a fool, a lazybones and a coward, both of you nineteen years ago could have left Terr Kort for any city in Weisserflussland and got married. You might be to adopting children if you need parenthood. And Albert, with his education and experience in management, could find a job that would make you a househusband."

Chris froze with his mouth open. I explained:

"Weisserflussland was the first among all six districts of Alnorria to legalize same-sex marriage. My granny and mother went to demonstrations to the district parliament, after which my grandmother participated in processions in support of the federal referendum. Mother would do it too, but she had died by then. Granny is very proud that there is their contribution to the Alnorrian law on marital equality. I am also proud that my granny and mother did such a good thing."