viii. moving on

visenya,i no longer wish to hear your excuses for that night

visenya,
i no longer wish to hear your excuses for that night. what's done is done and neither of us can change it. there was also no need for your manipulation. reaching out to my father in an effort to get me to speak to you? that is beneath you, niece. you know where i reside, just as i know where you reside. let us put an end to these childish games.
aemond

When Visenya received the raven, she was furious. After two years of ignoring her letters, he wrote her back to accuse her of manipulation. She was livid. She crumpled up Aemond's letter, threw it into the fire, and then changed into her riding leathers. If he wanted to put an end to their childish games, then she was going to give him exactly what he wanted. She left her chambers and motioned for Ser Erryk to follow her. When he took in her attire, he knew they were going to the dragonpit.

"Princess, is everything alright? You seem angry," Ser Erryk asked. Since Visenya was the eldest child of their blended family, she often confided in Ser Erryk and saw him as an older brother, since she didn't have one.

"It is my Uncle, I wish to confront him," Visenya said.

"Is that wise?" Ser Erryk asked.

"I would let you read the letter he sent me, but it enraged the dragon in me, so I burned it," Visenya said. See Erryk chuckled a little as they made their way outside.

"Princess, if I may speak freely," Ser Erryk said. Visenya stopped on the shores because she knew Rhaegon would be roaming around. They don't keep the dragons chained all day on Dragonstone.

"You may always speak freely with me," Visenya responded.

"If you confront Prince Aemond, what do you hope to achieve? Do you wish to take his other eye?" Erryk asked. Visenya sighed as she looked at him. She had been so angry after reading the letter, that she did not stop to think about what she was going to do once she was in front of him.

"Do you know where my father is?" Visenya asked.

"I believe he is in the training yard with your brothers," Erryk responded.

"Do you think he will let me use Dark Sister momentarily?" Visenya asked. Ser Erryk's eyes widened as he looked at the young Princess. Behind the rage in her eyes, he could also see the hurt. He was her sworn shield, he'd heard her cry herself to sleep many nights. Visenya was acting on initial emotion, but he knew if she hurt Aemond again, she would never forgive herself.

"Princess," Ser Erryk said.

"I am not going to use it, Ser. I only need my uncle to think that I will," Visenya said. Ser Erryk sighed as he looked at her. He knew he could not tell her what to do, but it was his job to protect her; lately, the person she needed the most protection from was herself.

"I just think that you should take a moment. You read something that has made you angry and you are acting upon that anger. Forgive me, Princess, but I do not believe you are acting rationally." Ser Erryk said. Visenya sighed as she looked at him. She knew he was right and she knew Ser Erryk was always honest with her. He tended to tell her what she needed to hear even if she didn't want to hear it.