Irreplaceable

"Kenny what time is your game tonight?"

...

"It starts at 8, will you come?" Kenny smiled and you nodded.
"I'll be there!"

The bell rung and Kenny waved you off. You began walking to class, but Emilio pulled you beneath the staircase.
"What is it?" you asked with attitude and he smiled.
"Come on.. let's ditch!"
"What?! No! I have to get serious about school since final exams are coming up!"
Emilio pouted as he pulled you closer, "Come on.. It's so boring! Let's go get ice cream!"
"No Emilio! Go ask Niah!" you covered your mouth as your jealousy slipped out. His eyes widened and he scratched his head.
He placed his hand on your head, "You know.. you don't have to be jealous? I'm loyal to you until our deal is over.."

Something inside felt spite as you smacked his hand away. He's stupidly nice and perfect. How could you tell is he was lying or not?

How can I not be jealous? My pretend boyfriend was flirting with my friend..

"I'm going to class"
He tilted his head to the side, "Alright.. I'll meet you  after school"

...

The school day went passed slowly as you dreaded seeing Emilio again. As the hours progressed, you realized you had made a complete fool of yourself!
It was pretend, nothing more. You just needed to stop making it complicated.
Emilio can flirt with whoever, it's not real.

You sighed as the last bell rung.

Right.. I'll apologize and move on. It's just pretend.

You walked out the school doors and spotted Emilio from behind. Your legs trotted towards him but halted as you seen him talking to yet another girl. She had blonde hair and was wearing a pink dress. She had a big smile as she spoke to him, and of course, he was smiling aswell.

As if I'd apologize to this two-timer! He lied!

You walked up to Emilio and grabbed his hand as you leaned against his arm.
"Emilio! I've been looking for you sweetie" your fake smile faded as you looked at the girl, "Oh? Who is this lovely girl?"
"Oh! I didn't know he had a girlfriend, I'm sorry" she apologized and quickly scooted away.

You placed your hands on your hips and looked at him.

"What?" he smiled putting his hands up, "She came up to me and began confessing her feelings. You came up before I could even say I'm in a relationship"
You crossed your arms and glared at him as you walked towards the parking lot.
"Come on sweet cheeks! Talk to me.."
"You can talk to my ass.."

Emilio laughed at your annoyance, and before you could open the car door, he slammed it.
Your emotions began to show, "What do you want?!"
"Come on don't be like that, I'm telling the truth"

You balled your fists and you felt your throat begin to sting. He was making a fool out of you.
Flirting with other girls when he was supposed to be only yours.

"You're only mine Emilio.."
He smirked and leaned closer with his hand pressed on the car door, "Oh yeah? Tell me more"
"You ass.. you wanted this. You wanted me to get upset!" you pushed him away as he grew more amused.
"Maybe.. I'm trying to prove to you I'm irreplaceable"
You could feel the hot tears, "You don't think I know that Emilio?! You don't think I know you could replace me with any girl"
"Hey wait.."
"I want to atleast think I'm irreplaceable! Atleast give myself that comfort that I'm special somehow! But you're just.. being so cruel Emilio.." you looked to the side after letting everything pour out, "This deal started off so fun.. then you made it seem I was doing nothing for you and maybe you're right"
"That's not what I-
You cut him off as you yelled, "Then what were you trying to do?! Let's just get this stupid deal over with now and go to a hotel!"

You shouted the last sentence out of anger.
You swung open the car door and Emilio slammed it shut again but with more force. He grabbed your wrists and pressed you against the car.
Nervousness built inside you as he made stern eye contact with a scowl.

"Calm down!! I was just fooling around!! It's not that serious! There's no point of being jealous!!"
You frowned as you bit your lip, "It was something to me Emilio! You keep saying jealousy is pointless but, I can't help it!"

There was a pause as students began whispering beside the other cars.

I hope no one heard our argument..

"I'll drive while you calm down" Emilio mumbled and you reluctantly nodded.

...

"I didn't need to calm down.." you muttered as he pulled into his drive way.
"Come on let's go inside"

Emilio opened your car door and you stepped out. You began following him inside but you were beginning to overthink.

Why'd I react like that?! Damn it!! I sounded like a child. Why am I so jealous??
He's MY pretend boyfriend, he doesn't need to flirt with other girls.

Before you knew it, you were sitting on his couch as he went to get snacks from the kitchen.

I'll just make him jealous.. how about that? Irreplaceable my ass..

"Hey.. can we talk?" Emilio asked suddenly as he plopped beside you on the couch, "I was just messing around. I didn't think you'd get so upset"
"Stop lying. You knew I would get upset"
He began to crawl closer, "Well why are you upset~?"
"Don't think you can flirt your way out of this Emilio!! Stop teasing me!"
"I'll never do it again"
"H-Huh?"

He sat up with narrow eyes and a suspicious look. He leaned forward and you scooted back but he quickly pecked your lips.

"I'm only yours~ You're using me right? You're irreplaceable sweetie"
"Shut up.. you damn liar" you looked to the side flustered as he kissed you again.
"Now.. what time is that baseball game?"

♥️⚾️