VIII

Genesis

"I'm finna get another round on my ass now that I got the money." Daylona says while I drive to drop Cia off at her grandma's.

"Make sure they getcho thighs right this time." I side eye her.

"I will." She rolls her eyes.

"If Ryan's parents rich why ain't he?" She asks.

"Ryan's a crackhead, he spends most of his money on drugs." I shrug.

"Why you let her go with his ass?" She shakes her head.

"His family would sue the dog shit outta me, I would prolly end up losing custody of all of my kids. Ion fuck with his parents like dat, dey ole powerful, rich, racist white asses." I take a puff from my vape.

"Girl stop that." She tries to grab it.

"Lona I'll beat cho ass, don't touch my shit." I put it on the other side of me.

"How you gone beat my ass cuz ion want cho baby having birth defects." She mugs me.

"Anyways, when his parents die they dividing the money and assets between him and his older sister so I'ma get way more child support after he get that money and them properties." I type in the gate code and it opens.

"Damn I hope they die soon."

"Yea me too." I agree, turning up Rob49.

I drive down to Ryan's parents' house and honk 3 times to piss them off. They hate me so bad.

"I still eat ha pussy everyday like it's my favorite food." I rap along to Undefeated, waiting for them to run out here.

I honk two more times and get out of the car, leaving the door open. I open the back car door and Cia gets out with her backpack.

"Aight lil mamas, I love you." I take her hand and walk to the door.

"Love you too mommy." She says.

"Oh my goodness!" Dan grumpy ass walks out the door looking furious. Face red n all.

"Would you turn that God awful music off!? I can't believe you still play this rap junk around my grandchild!" He spits as he talks.

"Dan ion know who the fuck you think you talking to. I am not cho weak ass wife in'ere, EYE will beat cho ass." I wipe my face off.

"Of course not, I would never marry a- a- a woman like you." He catches himself.

"A black woman." I chuckle.

"I didn't say that did I? Always putting words in my mouth- hello sweetie." He finally acknowledges Cia.

"Hi G Dad. Where Mee Maw?" She asks.

"Hey honey!" Holly yells from inside.

"Hi Mee Maw. Bye mommy." She hugs me before going inside.

"Bye Cia." I start walking away.

"And for the last time stop honking in my gated community!" He yells.

"Yell at me one mo time Dan see won't I fuck yo FATASS up!" I turn around.

"You're 8 months pregnant Genesis!" He puts his hands on his hips.

"And? Me and my unborn child will still tuck yo shit in bitch ass nigga, what's up!?" I walk toward him.

"GEN!" Daylona yells, honking.

Dan just shakes his head and walk back in the house, slamming the door.