IX

Kamar

"First thing I'ma do when I get home is light me a fuckin blunt." Genesis pulls sum lip gloss out her purse.

"She so pretty. You den dun it again." I smile holding a swaddled Kamira.

"I need a break from pregnancies. Maybe I should start using condoms." She contemplates while rubbing her lips together.

"Why? I pull out." I furrow my eyebrows.

"You pulling out resulted in Kevaughn and Kyrie." She straight faces me.

"Well they was blessings tho." I shrug.

"They are but still. My point is somehow we still conceived two kids from your pullout methods." She gives me the side eye.

"If you was me, you would know why." I chuckle.

"She gone be confused when she grow up looking different." She frowns looking at Kamira.

"All yo kids look different." I shrug and her mouth drops.

"We'll explain it to her if she asks." I kiss Kamira's head.

"I posted her on Facebook a few minutes ago, why yo other baby momma comment with a yikes emoji and react with the laughing emoji?" She says tapping on her phone.

"Fuck her." I shrug.

"Let me find out you back sleeping with her. I'll never fuck witchu again. You really gotta be a lame nigga to fuck with a bitch that's called your kids both ugly and slow." She looks at me.

"I'm not gone fuck wit her ever again." I shake my head.

"I pray to God you won't cuz that'll be the end of us forreal. I will never respect you again after that." She shakes hers too.

"I know Genny I'm not that fuckin dumb. My kids always gone come first before anybody." I say.

"This'll be my second C-section." She puts her hand on her stomach.

"Who was the first, Cia?" I ask and she nods.

"Ion like how I look after giving birth. My stomach gon deflate n look weird." She sighs.

She always gets really depressed and self-conscience after giving birth. It always affects our relationship too it's like she don't want me to look at her body, but I try my best to help her through it regardless.

"You still the baddest bitch I know, stop it." I smack my teeth.

"Not right now." She wipes her watery eyes.

"You just gave birth to yo 8th child. You just created a whole nother human being, don't worry bout how yo stomach look." I look at her crazy.

"I know, I just don't like the scars and stuff. I don't want another C-section scar Kam. It make me look like a paper that got refolded." She sniffles.

I hold back my laugh, standing up and sit Kamira in the bassinet then get in the hospital bed with her.

"You gotta think of it like- like a battle scar." I put my arm over her waist.

"A battle scar?" She laughs.

"Yea yea yea, it's like a medal. You proud of yourself ain't chu?" I ask.

"Yea I'm proud of myself, this shit wadn't easy. It never is." She nods.

"I'm proud of you too and the way I see it, everytime I look at it I'ma think of whatchu did to bring her into the world, all you went through and I'ma be grateful to you." I explain.