𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Most folks would argue that taking the advice of an explosives-loving ten-year-old over that of a time and experience-hardened adventure is idiotic; that accessing Dragonspine and braving its subzero temperatures from the route at Wyrmrest Valley ...

Most folks would argue that taking the advice of an explosives-loving ten-year-old over that of a time and experience-hardened adventure is idiotic; that accessing Dragonspine and braving its subzero temperatures from the route at Wyrmrest Valley rather than through the adventurer's camp by the Snow-Covered Path was reckless— not just for you, but for those who would have to come up in the mountains and search for your body (to which you easily scoffed at; adventurers do have their penchant for dramatics, after all). Whatever she thought your goal had been when you initially asked Iris for directions with your map had been of no consequence, disregarding her noisy efforts of convincing you to go her mapped route.

"Look, I'm not some adventurer— I've got one destination and it's right here, now tell me the fastest way of getting there, not the adventurer's way."

Before the ensuing argument could take another turn for the worst, a familiar face had appeared between you. Well, below you.

"Miss ______, Miss ______!" You'd flinched then, not expecting to see a child at your side so suddenly, but upon recognizing who it'd been, your heart settled.

"Ah, Klee!" You'd dropped onto a knee, grinning as you sweep her into your arms. "Just the sweet, helpful face I'd been hoping to run into!" She'd giggled at this, taking a second to cling to you just a little tighter before finally letting you go. "Say, do you think you could help me with a teensy little problem?"

"Of course!" she'd cheered. "Spark Knight Klee of the Knights of Favonius, at your service, Miss ______! How can Klee help!?"

Reaching behind you and snatching your map out of Iris's hands, not forgetting to shoot the woman an obvious look of disdain, you'd turned back to Klee, your smile having returned instantly.

"Well, I'm trying to find your brother's lab," you'd explained, "but this is the first time I've ever been to Dragonspine. He once marked it for me on this map, but I'm having trouble figuring out the fastest route there. You must have the best route, right, Klee?"

"I do! It's true!!" She'd immediately stuck her nose into the parchment, with you pointing at the small, inked on "X" sitting near one of the Waypoint markers. "Ooh, yes! If you go along this snowy beach, and up a biiiiiiig hill where this bright red light is! You'll find big brother Albedo in his lab! Klee was just there!"

"Oh, I see! He wasn't busy, was he?"

"Nuh-uh! He and I just ate lunch together! But now I have to go back to Mondstadt to see Grand Master Jean..." At this, she'd sighed.

You made a silly face at her, lip jutted into faux suspicion. "Did you blow something up again?"

"No!!" she'd been quick to argue, though just as quick to relent. "... yes... I went fish blasting again..."