Twelve

JENNIE'S POV:

Panting heavily, Jennie watched as Lisa cuddled into her, and wrapped a protective arm around her. Her skin was warm and soft, and had a soft blush to it that only accented her natural tan. She did't say anything; she only laid there in silence, listening until her breath finally leveled. Finally, she spoke, "When do you have to leave?" Her voice was small and raspy, probably from the fact that she was both tired and sad.

"Tonight.." Jennie responded, in a soft voice. "I have to go to Orlando, and then I'm leaving Florida." The younger girl sighed and pulled her lower lip between her teeth, before asking another question, "Am I ever gonna see you again?" Jennie bit down on her lower lip, thinking the question over.

"I hope so." Lisa nodded, obviously trying to hide her sorrow. "Will you do something for me, before you leave?" Jennie nodded, looking down at the younger girl.

"Will you follow me on twitter? I've been trying to get you to follow-slash-notice me for ages, but all you do is reply to troll accounts, and then there are people like me, who really love you, and it makes me upset."

Jennie laughed and nodded. "Sure, I'll follow you, little Lily."

"Good." Lisa grinned smugly.

Jennie sighed, running a hand through the silky brown hair below her. She knew it was all too good to last. Soon, she'd be on a bus, and this would all be a memory. In all honesty, she wasn't sure if she'd ever see Lisa again. Of course, she wanted to, but was it fathomable? She was on tour, and would be for another six months, before she returned to South Korea to work on her next album.

Meanwhile, Lisa would be stuck here in Thailand, living her life. She'd meet someone who could stay with her, who was capable of loving her the way she deserved to be loved, and she would be happy. "Maybe we should get up," Jennie suggested, shaking the thoughts out of her head.

"I'm sure your mom will come try to talk to you soon, or your sister will want to play, and I'm certain that neither of us want to face either of them like this."

Sighing, Lisa agreed and stood up from her bed.

"You're probably right."

Lisa's POV:

There was a shift in Jennie. It was small, and probably undetectable by most, but Lisa could tell it- obviously. She had been monitoring the girl's every move for the past two years. However, she decided that confronting it was a bad idea. "Let's do something."

"Pretty sure we just did."

The blonde could practically hear the smirk in her voice as she pulled a pair of shorts out of her dresser. "Not like that. Let's go somewhere. Let's go on an adventure."

"An adventure, huh?"

"Yeah. Like in those Lifetime movies."

"You watch Lifetime movies?" Jennie's voice is amused, and Lisa has to hide her blush.

"Sometimes."

She dodged Jennie's amused look by fixing her gaze on herself in the mirror. She gathered her long hair in her hands, before dropping it over her shoulders, letting it cascade in its natural waves.

Finally, when she knew Jennie wasn't focusing on her embarrassing confession, she turned around and grabbed her hand, before rushing to the door.

"C'mon! You're really slow." She grinned at her, racing to the car. However, her grin dropped when the older girl sped past her. "...Or not." She mumbled as she walked up to the passenger side of the car.

They drove around, aimlessly, without a care in the world, but not quite, as both were aware that they were racing the clock- dueling to spend more time with one another.

Eventually, Lisa pulled into a beach. It was all but vacated, and she pulled her brown-eyed partner with her.

"Come on!"
She loved the light in her eyes- she way she got so excited over something as simple as a beach. "I'm gonna get you!" She cried out, slamming the door behind her.
Her feet sunk in the sand, but the fought it, and ran up and jumped on Jennie's back, confident in the girl's ability to catch her.

She caught her, and twirled around, before falling into the soft sand, as the two got dizzy. Lisa giggled, and the smile on Jennie's face was priceless. Reaching towards her, the younger girl moved a piece of ink black hair out of her face and smiled. She knew their time was limited, and that it would be time to say goodbye soon..

But, something about this moment made the thought seem so far away, so unattainable.
However, it came, and Jennie got a text saying she needed to drop Lisa off at home and go back to the hotel, so they could leave.

"Thank you.." Jennie whispered, standing outside of Lisa's house with her.

"For coming to the airport and meeting me. You've made me so happy." Leaning forward, she pressed a soft, chaste kiss against her lips. One that both of them hoped would never end. "I'll see you around, yeah?" Jennie smiled sadly as she climbed into her car. "And don't worry, I'll follow you on Twitter as soon as I get on the bus and charge my phone." Lisa grinned, but felt the tears well up in her eyes.

So she waved, and didn't let them fall until Jennie's car was off her street.

They shared a blissful 24 hours. It was an island in the sun buried deep within a sea of tedious monotony; a Saturday in a storm of Mondays. Their time was one of shaky breaths, passionate white-hot kisses and feelings that bloomed too fast. But, that was all. It was just a chapter in a book that would need to carry on. Their paths crossed by chance, and it was time to let go...

No matter how much either of them hated that idea.