Iron Coffin

Walking up they could see everything was just left

Walking up they could see everything was just left. Shovels were still stuck in the ground and supplies were scattered about.

"They really did leave in a hurry," George added. They all looked at the dirt grave half dug.

"Okay," Lockwood sighed as they all dropped their kit bags. "Ready?" Each of them took a deep breath focusing. Grace wasn't sure what the others were feeling but she could feel the energy crashing over her.

"There are no death glows," Lockwood announced. "Nothing else visible. Got anything?" He asked.

"Nope," George sighed.

"I don't like the energy," Grace added rolling her shoulders.

"Some kind of vibration," Lucy explained. Her eyes were still closed as she focused. The group moved to get everything ready. Lucy and Grace set up the iron circle, while Lockwood put up the temp gauges.

"So who's going into the grave?" Lucy asked. Although it wasn't necessary.

"Me," Grace added. She didn't feel comfortable being anywhere close to it, but if someone had to get close to a type two, it should be her.

"Watch her," Lockwood muttered to Lucy. "I'll take lookout," Lockwood said hesitating. He sighed moving away from the group. "In position." Grace stepped up to the edge. George is just outside the iron circle.

"Be careful," Lucy called.

"It knows I'm here," Grace muttered stepping behind the chains. She let out a breath shaking her hands out. She knelt down beside it moving the dirt a bit.

"It's not level and not nearly as deep as it should be," Grace explained.

"So we've got a rushed, Illegal, and very amateur burial which has been here as long as the other plots," George concluded from outside the circle. Grace took a deep breath trying to settle the feeling of nausea. Grace brushed her hand across the dirt.

"Keep the light steady," George called.

"Oh this thing is strong, I don't feel good." Lucy breathed from behind them. Grace wanted to check on her, but this coffin demanded her attention.

"Joplins coming," Lockwood muttered moving towards the woman.

"Keep her away," George insisted. Grace paused her digging to calm herself.

"Can you hear that?" She wheezed as she glanced back at George.

"Hear what?" He asked. Grace shook her head trying to focus. She felt something cold under her hands. She wiped the dirt away seeing silver.

"This coffin is made of iron," Grace breathed falling backwards. Being so close to it, she felt like she could pass out.

"Get out," Lockwood demanded.