Chapter 30

Lottery

When we returned to the town, we attracted a lot of attention on the way from the gate to the Adventurer's Guild. The reason being that there were nine Pastel Rabbits on the heads and in the arms of the children.

(......)

As soon as we entered the Adventurer's Guild, the noisy place became quiet.

"So it turned out like this, after all~"

"Indeed. It was within my expectations, but..."

Evan-san and Scott-san let out a sigh.

"Evan! Scott!"

"N? Oh, it's you, Old man."

"Meredith-san, what is the matter?"

"What is the matter, you ask... I want to ask that! They are your companions, right!? Why are they like that!"

An adventurer who seemed to be an acquaintance of Evan-san and Scott-san approached us, as he apparently couldn't overlook Allen and Elena.

""Muu! You shouldn't point your finger!""

As I often warn the children about this, they warned the other party about his pointing finger too.

"S, sorry."

"It's okay~""

I'm not sure if it's because Allen and Elena warned him so vigorously, but the adventurer, Meredith-san, apologized honestly. Or rather, he seemed to be a bit overwhelmed?

Seeing him like that, the twins quickly forgave him and smiled.

"Old man, were you asking about the Pastel Rabbits?"

"Yeah, right. I have been looking for them for a period of time as well, but never found any. That's why I concluded that there weren't any in the area. Despite that, what the hell is this!?"

"What's up, Old man? Are you in a debt or something? Is that why you were aiming for the big bucks?"

"Of course not. I complete requests steadily every day, I lead a simple and modest life! It's because my daughter wanted one that I picked up some requests to search for them!"

"Ahh, come to think of it, you have a wife and children. I forgot."

"Don't forget that!"

It seemed that Meredith-san was looking for a Pastel Rabbit for his daughter.

Evan-san seemed to be very close to Meredith-san.

"Umm... Evan-san?"

"Ah, sorry. Takumi, this old man is Meredith, an adventurer in this town. We occasionally drink together."

"Heeh~ so you are drinking friends?——Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Takumi. These children are Allen and Elena."

""Best regards~""

"O, ou, I'm Meredith."

I interrupted Evan-san's conversation to say hello and quickly asked what Meredith-san wanted.

"So, Meredith-san, you want a Pastel Rabbit?"

"I certainly do want one, but I don't have enough money to get one for ourselves unless I complete a Pastel Rabbit request. That's why I thought of asking you for a place where I could find them."

A request for capturing a Pastel Rabbit requires quite a lot of cash, so it's really only the wealthy who issue them.

"Ahh, so it's like that. I don't mind telling you about the place, but..."