prelude

Synopsis

When you have a few weeks left to live, the only other tragic thing that can happen to you besides dying is to fall in love.

For Ariha, love means helping her best friend, Aarya, get the boy she has had a crush on since sixth grade. When life is so cruel as not to let Ariha have a love story of her own, she can at least help Aarya find happily ever after.

The only problem is - Rehan, the boy with sun-kissed smiles and poetry in his veins. Rehan has only ever seen her from afar, the girl who haunts his dreams every night. And now she is here to ask him a favor that can leave him heartbroken. 

But can he refuse her wish if it's the first and last thing he can do for the girl of his dreams? 

Prompt

Open Novella Contest 2023

Prompt 57: Unknown to everyone, you are battling a life-threatening condition. With only a couple of weeks to live, you help your friend get the partner of their dream, except they are in love with you.

Author's Note

Thank you so much for picking up this story! This book is for ONC 2023. I am planning to complete this story by the end of the contest under any circumstances. This story has a special place in my heart, with lots of emotions and feelings attached to it. The prompt I mentioned above seemed befitting for the story, and the moment I read it, I had to put it into the right plot. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Copyright © 2023 Pooja Pathak

All rights reserved

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise without written permission from the publisher. It is illegal to copy this book, post it to a website, or distribute it by any other means without permission.