Chapter 2: Familiar

You woke up pretty early in the morning. You got up to go get ready, you changed into some very fitting pair of grey cargo pants and a black crop top. Once you got changed you fixed your hair and washed your face.

You threw on your purse across your body and took out your phone and earbuds, continuing your playlist that you were originally listening to. Beginning to walk out of your cabin, a hand lands on your shoulder.

When you turn around you see it's ZhenZhen, "Oh, what's up??" You said to her. "I saw you were awake.. I decided to get ready too and go with you. I think we're meant to go canoeing today.. They announced that but you were already gone and asleep."

You knodded and the both of you walked out and chose to wait for everyone to wake up. Which took almost an hour. Then you all had to walk over to the vans, you and ZhenZhen sat next to eachother.

Dariush started yelling, "Shotgun!" And hopped into the front seat. The camp counselor Carl yelled back saying, "Nope! Campers in the back!" Dariush annoyed ran into the other van with Counselor Logan.

You rolled your eyes at the fact that he just did that. But once all of the children were in the vans, they headed off to the pond to go canoeing. When you arrived, you got out of the van with ZhenZhen and walked over to the lake.

The both of you got to the lake with everyone else. As soon as you got there the instructor said, "Ugh.. Sorry guys, some kid shit the canoe while shooting the rapids. Aye Cosmo! We're gonna need the second hose down here. It's more poo than canoe in there."

All of the kids sighed and you saw ZhenZhen start to walk off. You decided to follow her to wherever she was going. Some other red headed kid started following as well yelling her name and asking if she knew where she was going.

You walked through the woods for a good 5 minutes. Until, you see what ZhenZhen came up for. She went up to this ledge and raised her arms and had a huge smile on her face. You smiled because she seemed happy.

Though the moment was interrupted by a yelling "NO NO NO NO STOP STOP STOP LET ME GO". You and ZhenZhen both looked at eachother and started running towards the yelling. It was Dariush holding that one boy close to a ledge.

ZhenZhen yelled, "LET ALEX GO!" Dariush turned his head, "Baby, I'm just trying to help him overcome his fear. Now let me do that." You wanted to go up to Dariush and slap him, but you then heard a voice, "Let him go."

You turned your head towards him, he looked familiar but you couldn't quite put your finger on it yet. Dariush started to get annoying and said, "Move along mountain hobo." It seemed that the boy didn't like that too much and went a bit closer to Dariush, "I'm not gonna ask you again."

Dariush just looked at him confused. And when Dariush walked even closer to the boy and started going on about how he could really mess the guy up. While he kept doing that the boy hit Dariush knocking him to the ground.

You laughed at him, and the boy looked at Dariush shaking his head. Alex asked the boy, "Who are you?" To which the boy responded, "I'm Gabriel." Your eyes widened realizing who it was. You almost immediately yelled, "Oh my gosh! It's been so long Gabriel, how's it been?"

Gabriel turned to you and smiled, "What's up y/n? It's been rough but I'm okay." Dariush got up, "Whoa whoa whoa. You guys know eachother?!" You knodded, "We met... Somewhere before, I'll spare you the details."

Of course to ruin the moment, all of your phones started buzzing. You took yours out and Gabriel came over to you and looked over your shoulder, "What's it say?"

Dariush responded to Gabriel, "It's the emergency broadcast system, it says "All civilians are to evacuate metropolitan areas immediately. Under no circumstances approach any unknown aircraft." IT'S THE NEXT SEVEN-ELEVEN..."

Alex started to speak, "We need to get back, who knows the way?" Gabriel sighed, "Follow me."

_________________

AAAAAAAA THIS TOOK SO LONG FOR SOME REASON BUT I AM STILL STOKED TO WRITE THISSSS

Word count: 746