Chapter 6 : Welcome back Sirius

Harry wrote a letter to Amelia bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She was said to be fair and just. He sent the letter by his new owl 'Hedwig' but without his family crescents. He wanted his entry in wizarding world secret till the meeting.

Nobody's POV -

Amelia Bones was in her office when an owl tapped on her window. She was surprised to see it as the owl has passed all the wards of her house without alerting her. She took the letter from him and checked it for any spells. When it came out clean she started to read it.

Amelia Bones,
Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Greetings madam Bones,
It has come to my light that after the demise of Voldemort nine years ago, our society has still not developed and risen. We still fear for our lives and our past mistakes haven't been corrected. At the time of war, a convict was sentenced to life long imprisonment. He was thrown in the prison nine years ago without a trial. I am referring to Sirius Orion Black, the previous lord to the most ancient and noble house of Black. Sirius Black was put in Azkaban without any proof or evidence. Being a lord of a noble house he deserved a trial which was also not given to him. Therefore I request that on the upcoming Wizengamot meeting which is to be held in next week, Sirius Black gets what he deserved long ago. Please give your reply to my awaiting owl.

Anonymous well wisher

PS - I will be present in that meeting and will claim my seats

Amelia was raging when she read this letter. Now that she remembered her friend never got a trial. She was so immersed in grief that she never doubted the decision of ministry. She was also intrigued by the writer. How did he know Sirius? Why is he trying to hide his identity? Guess she would get her answers next week. She decided to see all the records to check if there was a trial she missed. When she came out empty handed she wrote a letter and gave it to the prowd owl who has refused to move from her table.

POV ends

If anyone looked at Harry right now they would think he is very calm and composed with his blank mask in place, but there was a war raging inside him. This was his very first step against Dumbledore and this is what mattered the most. So when he saw Hedwig coming back with a letter attached to her, he couldn't stop himself and jumped out of his seat. He ran to the window and opened it before Hedwig could reach it. Nervously he opened the letter.

Greetings wizard,
Your accusations have been verified. Indeed lord Black did not get a trial which he deserved. I'll ensure that this mistake is rectified in the next meeting. Wizengamot would love to have you.

Amelia Bones
Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Harry's POV

Yes!!! the first step is done. Now I need to prepare for the big day

POV ends

The Wizengamot meeting

Everybody was present in their seats thinking that it would be just a normal meeting like always, but Amelia Bones had different plans. She knew if she told them before, no one will agree to free a member of Black house. Her cards were well hidden. After regular discussions she stood up to address the lords of ancient houses.

Amelia - Well there's a really important matter which is to be discussed in today's meeting

Dumbledore - what is the problem my dear and why wasn't I informed about it earlier

Amelia - It's madam Bones for you headmaster, and I am the head of my department so I didn't feel the need to tell you everything beforehand

Dumbledore - you're taking me wrong dear, I just don't want to waste everybody's time