Wattpad Original
There are 27 more free parts

Ch 14: Blake

Seeing the rising sun was a reminder that I would have to go back out into the forest for a second time. A fact that I was less than pleased about. But if it meant helping some stranded alien fix his ship and then get the hell away from me, I was all for it.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I grabbed my clothes and the blaster from under the sink cabinet. Pressing the bundle of clothes to my chest, I made sure to hide the blaster's silver frame beneath it before making my way out of the bathroom. As I opened the door to leave, I was shocked to come face to face with a hulking frame in the doorway.

Or more like face to chest.

"What the-!" I gasped, clutching my towel around my body as my eyes trailed up the tall figure standing before me before settling on Vorian's face. His eyes flicked down to me before widening in shock. I could practically feel them burn the bare skin of my shoulders and chest, just barely covered by my small white bath towel.

At the sound of my scream, Jada's door opened and she stuck her head out to peer down the hall to where Vorian and I were frozen in place. "What happened?"

"Can't you get this thing a leash?!" I called to Jada, gesturing to Vorian who stood frozen still, gawking at my bare skin. I watched as his eyes flicked up, glancing between Jada and me. It seemed he knew I was upset, but he looked unsure as to why or what to do.

He was truly clueless...

"I apologize...It was not my intention to scare you," He said after a moment, looking at me apologetically albeit still confused at my anger.

"Why are you standing here?!" I fumed, glaring up at him.

Vorian's brows knitted together as he thought of a response. "I offered you both my protection in exchange for your aid," Vorian answered, holding my gaze. As I studied his face, I noticed that a couple of stray pieces of his long dark hair had fallen from his braid to rest on his temples, as he regarded me with his peculiar eyes.

"Look dude, I don't need your protection. Just protect her, got it?" I said, jutting a finger towards Jada who watched the interaction with mild amusement.

Before he could respond, Jada spoke up. "I told him to stand guard while I found him some clothes. I didn't think he would take it so seriously."

I flashed Jada an unamused look. "Whatever. I'm going to change. While I'm gone, please get this dude a freaking shirt Jada."

I heard Jada chuckle as I stepped out of the bathroom. Passing by Vorian, I noticed his face had creased into a thoughtful frown as he mouthed the word dude to himself.

I huffed. Absolutely clueless.

Going into my room, I set aside my bundle of old clothes before finally getting dressed in a new outfit. Given how rainy it was the day before, I opted for something warm. Slipping on a pair of black low-rise jeans and a long sleeve shirt, I set aside my thick trench coat for later. Strapping a holster to each of my jean-clad thighs, I reached for my gun, slipping it inside so that it rested on the outside of my thigh on full display. Then, I reached for Vorian's blaster, picking up the surprisingly heavy weapon to examine it before sliding it into the holster on my other thigh.

The blaster was arguably dead weight on my thigh considering the fact that I couldn't use it. Still, it was preferable to leaving it somewhere in the house for the alien to find, if he did end up turning on us.

As I finished drying my hair and getting ready, my stomach let out a loud growl.

It would probably be best to eat before we head out, I thought to myself, making my way out of my room and to the kitchen downstairs. I was almost done cooking up the leftover potatoes and vegetables I had harvested the day before, when I heard two pairs of footsteps entering the room.