twenty nine

JANG HYEJIN SIGHED AS SHE FOLLOWED her brother inside Gaemma village. The eldest Jang woke her up at five in the morning to tell her that he's on his way to Gaema village and told her that she should come with him. He didn't give her the choice to say no as it was clear by his tone that he has no time for any protest.

"Do you know where you're going, Uk?" She questioned.

"This is my first time being in this place." Uk told her.

Hyejin scoffed, "I can't believe you disrupted my sleep just because of this, can't you go here alone?"

"I can." Uk replied as he push aside the fabrics that were hanging on the street, "But i want you to come. Besides, it's not like you're going to be busy today, you're wound is still healing, you're not yet allowed to train."

Hyejin rolled her eyes at his reason, "It's almost healed, and a few days from now, i can go back to training." She told him, "Im so close on mastering Tansu, gosh.. If it weren't for this wound, i would've mastered it by now."

"Gosh, look at you." Uk grinned, "What made you think that, huh? Last time i checked, you can't hit a water drop with your energy at the same time."

"Hey, Mudeok says that im close!" Hyejin told him, "She even said that im much more better than you, for all i know she's already regretting to have you as her pupil and not me."

Uk scrunched his face before a scoff left his lips, "Unbelievable." He mutters under his breath before shaking his head in disbelief.

As they were walking on the streets of the village, they heard a man who looks as if he was arguing with a woman, "Fire priestess is really--."

"You should try asking that woman, Uk." Hyejin told him.

The boy nodded his head before approaching the woman, "Excuse me, do you know where Shaman Bong's house is?" He asked.

"Shaman Bong?" The woman groaned, "He does not have powers anymore. You should go to the fire priestess instead. I will take you there."

Uk shared a look with his twin, "No, we're looking Shaman Bong." He told the woman.

"I told you, he is not good." The woman told him.

"No, it has to be Shaman Bong." Uk insisted before motioning for Hyejin to follow him.

Hyejin gave the woman a forced smile before following her brother, "That woman is so keen on making us go to that priestess, but the people around here doesn't look too convinced by her." She muttered as the two of them continued their search on the shaman, "Perhaps it's a scam?"

"Who knows." Uk mutters under his breath, "Gosh, where are we? All the streets look the same."

"Why would you even go here without asking Juwol the exact place where Shaman Bong is?" Hyejin questioned.

"It left my mind." Uk reasoned.

"And now we're suffering under the scorching heat of the sun because of it." Hyejin retorted before walking faster.

Uk scoffed before he went after her, the events that happened last night suddenly filled his head. He was already on his way back to Hyejin's dorm to check on her after helping Dang-gu put Yul to bed.

He expected that she would either be sleeping because of the alcohol in her systems, or she would still be awake because he knew that she always have a hard sleeping at night. But when he was already close to her chambers, he didn't expect to hear a man's voice inside.

"I could never betray you." The only person that Um can think of once he heard the voice was Sang Ho, "If the world is against you, then i might as well be against them. That, i promise you."