Chapter Fifty Four: Grasshopper

"WOMAN" said Lance.

"HOW DARE YOU." Nicole only cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You realize you locked us in here for three hours, right?" Austin piped up, sinking in comfortably to the bean bag chair in the corner. Kathryn poked her head into the door of the practice room to see him chewing on something, white and pink stains on the sides of his lips while he held a doughnut near his mouth in his hands.

"But you didn't starve to death," said Kathryn, looking at the donut and the donut boxes at her feet. "So there's that."

"Oh hardy har har." said Austin, pulling a face at her. "You're such a joy."

Kathryn put her hand over her chest. "You flatter me." the she turned around to look at Lance, who had the same donut stains on his face. "Did you two work your boy issues out yet?"

"They are not called boy issues, Mikaela." said Lance. "They are called manly issues."

"WE ARE MEN"

"AND MEN DO NOT DEAL WITH BOY ISSUES"

Kathryn put her hands up in defense. "Well damn."

Nicole, on the other hand, looked at Austin and Lance back and forth skeptically. "But did you?" she asked. "Did you work your ego issues and dude disputes out? Are they settled now?"

Austin and Lance only looked at each other and shared a look. They tried not to smile though they almost were, and they looked like they were about to laugh, So instead Lance raised his eyebrows at Austin and Austin did the same, and they both came to a silent agreement which Nicole and Kathryn got suspicious about.

So Lance looked back to his girlfriend and his little sister, smiling as he put his hands into his pockets. "Something like that."

Kathryn finally walked into the room, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned onto the wall beside the door. She shot a suspicious look at her brother and her boyfriend. "Are you two the best of buddies now?'

"Are you two going to go outside hand in hand and build a snowman whilst simultaneously skipping happily into the sunset?" Nicole asked, looking at them the same way. Austin shook his head at her. "No," he said. "We will not be doing that for mainly three reasons. One," Austin started to say, counting off at his fingers. "Is because it is only almost three in the afternoon. Therefore there is still no sunset present. Second, is because it is the middle of July. So there is no snow yet."

Kathryn raised an eyebrow at him, which she tended to do alot. "And three?"

"Is because we will not be holding hands."

"WE ARE MEN"

"AND MEN DO NOT HOLD HANDS"

Kathryn only pressed her thumb and her index finger to her forehead, closing her eyes and trying to fight a headache. "Yeah, I think they're good," said Nicole, putting her hands up as a sign of giving up and walking out of the room. Kathryn looked up, the first thing she saw was Lance and Austin still gnawing on donuts. "We locked you in here. How did you get donuts in?"

Lance tilted his head to the side. "I told the delivery guy to get a ladder and get up into that window." Kathryn looked to her side to see the window infront of the Foosball table, open, curtains flying. "Except he didn't exactly have a ladder. So I got charged extra for a ladder."

"But the donuts were so worth it," Austin piped up. Kathryn stayed quiet, and he shot her a look. "What? You didn't think we'd let ourselves starve to death here, right?"

"No," surprisingly it was Lance who answered, beating Kathryn to it. "I would've eaten you. Seriously. I was willing to,"

Austin only stayed quiet, while Kathryn laughed. "Don't worry about it," she said. "I'm pretty sure you'd make a great pancake."