Chapter 36- You and Me

Disclaimer!
I didn't finish this chapter yesterday so I'm a day late to the party T-T
Better late than never though, right?

Hi everyone!!
Today is a very special day! It's March 24th, which is the day Varian's first episode, 'What the Hair?' aired, which makes it Varian's fanon birthday! To celebrate this momentous occasion, I've made a very special birthday themed bonus chapter to celebrate! I hope you all enjoy!

:-:Six Years Ago:-:

I eagerly grip the windowsill of my bedroom window and peek outside, not-so-patiently waiting for the Royal Carriage to come pulling into the courtyard. I bounce up and down, excitement oozing from my pores.

Mom chuckles a bit as she ties a bright (fc) bow in my (hc) hair. "Hold still, sweetheart!" She playfully scolds me, struggling to properly fix my hair.

I stop bouncing, but my grip on the windowsill never eases. "Sorry, Mom." I apologize. "I just can't wait to give Varian his birthday gift!" For a split second, my gaze strays from the window to look at the piece of sheet music I had spent weeks composing. Each note was clearly written in the finest ink; written nicer than anything I had ever written before. "Do you...do you think he'll like it?" I softly ask.

Mom stops fiddling with my bow for a moment and gives me a soft smile. "Oh, he'll love it, (Yn)." She gently kisses my cheek. "It was made by you; that's the most important thing."

My lips curl into a grin. "Thank you, Mom."

Right as my mother finishes adjusting my bow, I see the carriage holding Varian and Quirin pull into the courtyard. My eyes light up brighter than the floating lanterns on a pitch-black night. I quickly grab my sheet music, peck my mom on the cheek, and bolt toward the door to meet Varian.

I run down the stairs far faster than I thought my feet could carry me, desperately trying not to trip on the layers of fabric that made up my gown. As I arrive at the main entrance to the palace, I see Varian waiting for me beside Nigel and Quirin. When Varian sees me, his eyes light up and he rushes past the two men, coming to meet me. We throw our arms around each other in pure delight, beaming brighter than the sun.

"Happy birthday, Varian!!" I happily exclaim, not ceasing to squeeze Varian in my death grip of a hug.

"Thanks, (Yn)!!" He suddenly sees the queen walking down the stairs, and he quickly pulls out of our embrace and clumsily bows to her. "Your Highness. Thank you for having us." He politely says.

Mom gently smiles at the boy. "There is no need for the formality, Varian. You're welcome at our home anytime."

Varian grins and quickly nods.

"Now tell me, how old are you today, Varian?" The Queen inquires.

"Nine," Varian replies.

Mom thinks about his response for a moment and taps her chin with her index finger. "You know, that's a very special age. That's an age deserving of a very special gift." Her emerald green eyes glance over at me, and she winks.

I step over to Varian. "I, uh, I actually made you a gift." I nervously say, feeling self-conscious about my song.

Varian's blue eyes sparkle. "Really?!"