Chapter 2

Rigden's Point Of View.

I was drinking a cup of cappuccino in restaurant, when I noticed something — a girl with a birght smile. She had a camera hung on her neck and she was simply clicking pictures of small small kids who seemed to love her. She plays so we'll with those kids, as if she is one of them. As she distributes chocolate to those kids, her eyes are beaming with joy. She is pretty. Huh, why am I smiling just by looking at her?

"Sir your bill?", the waitress disturbed me. Still then I kept looking at her while answering the waitress. "Thank you so much sir. Have a great day", the waitress said politely. "Have a great day", I smiled too. But then she was no where after that. I immediately went outside to look for her, but why did I do that? It was just naturally happening. It's as if she is a magnet which is pulling me towards her. I searched for her like 2 minutes and after that I saw her near the bus station. I went near her and kind of acted like I was just waiting for the bus. She had earphones in her ears, probably listening to the songs. She started huming after a while. That was cute, she has a bright smile. She hopped on the bus and so did I.

The bus was literally full and compact. There was this pregnant lady who was standing and seemed to feel uncomfortable. I wanted to help her, but I was also one of those who were standing. "Excuse me ma'am?", that same pretty girl called her. "You can seat here. I can stand", she said and let her sit on her seat. "Well, seems like this kid will be a healthy one", she smiled. "I hope so, the delivery is after 3 months", the pregnant lady smiled her back. This pretty lady is kind too.

It was almost getting dark when she went through certain alleys, may be she is going back home. Still then, I wanted to follow her. While she was on her way, there were few men who were drunk. They surrounded her and she was helpless. "Hey, you little girl. Let us take you to our place", they said and held her hands. "Please leave me. I want to go home", she cried. I immediately stepped between them and pulled her close to me. My heart felt unusual when she was just so close to me and when she stared at me, I could do nothing but smile. The feeling was kind of I want to protect this girl.  "What the hell are you doing with this girl?", I shouted at the drunkards. The pretty girl was so scared that she ran away immediately. "Hey...be safe", I shouted.

"Hey, you young man! You wanna mess with us, huh? Who is she? Your girlfriend? We saw her first", they said and started attacking me.
The fight was 1 on 4. Thankfully I took Taekwondo classes when I was in high school. I handled them but they weren't giving up. One of them hit on my back with a log from behind and I fell down on my knees. They started attacking me.

"Hey, you bloody old men. How dare you hit my friend? Do you wanna die? Huh, this is so annoying", someone shouted from behind and started hitting those men with her bag pack.

"Ha..Arya?", I said as I stood up slowly. Since they hit me on the back, I kind of couldn't balance my posture.

"You okay?", she came towards me. But those men pushed her sideways. She stumbled and almost fell on the ground. "Woah...this ugly old men. Y'all tryna mess with me?", she looked flustered and started tying her hair with her rubber band. Oh fish, it's the end for those men. She tying her hair means, she's deeply provoked and now they'll see the demon in them.

"Arya, no...", I said. "Hey...", She shouted and started hitting those men with all her energy. She is a black belt holder in Taekwondo for a reason after all. I feel bad for those men. The imprint of her shoes on their face is so visible. She was so mad that, I had to lift her and go away from that place. Those men lied on the ground in pain while I carried her to some other place.

"Huh, those crazy people. Why did you stop me? I wanted to give them a nice lesson", she fumed in anger.

"Calm down Arya. You have taught them enough lesson. They won't ever pick on anyone else in their entire lives now", I said.

"And what were you doing, huh? I don't think you are that weak to get beaten by them. As far as I remember, you are gold medalist in Taekwondo", she literally shouted at me.

"Now why are you angry with me? Just because I'm good at certain things doesn't mean that I cannot get hurt. They hit me with the log, I could barely stand. This is the reason why I don't like you. You are impulsive, wild and short tempered", I yelled her back.

She became silent after that. She was calm.

"Huh, you are so ungrateful. Does it hurt?", she said. She looked genuinely concerned about me.
"Yes, I am", I said looking away. "Is it?", She pressed my back so hard that I couldn't stop my moan. "Ah...it hurts", I finally let out my moan.

She shook her head in disbelief and took me to the nearest medical store. She bought some cooling gel patch and applied on my back.

"Hey, can't you please stop hating me? I want to see that old Rigden who used to laugh and cry with me", she said as she applied the cooling gel patch on my back.

"Look, Arya. You are my best friend and I don't hate you okay. I like you but as a friend. I maintained the distance for these many years because I wanted you to stop liking me. You will always be my friend and nothing more than that. If you want me to be like before, you have to promise me that you'll stop liking me and see me only as a friend", I said holding her hands.

"Hmmm...I don't know if I'll stop liking you but I'll try" she said.

"Okay, Mrs. Angry bird", I patted her head.

"Don't call me Mrs. Angry Bird. Do I look like a bird?", she looked annoyed.

"Hmm...Angry Bird", I teased her again.

Narrator's Point Of View.

Finally, they agreed to become friends again.
While they were seated on the bench, they were in their own thought.

"Hmm...I don't think I can ever stop liking you. Over the years, though you ignored me...my love for you only grew. Thank you so much for taking me back in your life again. Now I will make sure you love me back. I'll do everything to make you love me back, because I can never stop loving you", Arya thought in her mind and simply smiled looking at Rigden who was also in his own thought.

"Why am I thinking about that girl even in this situation? How can someone whom I just saw few hours ago occupy all the space in my mind? Why do I want to know about her? I don't even know her name", he thought in his mind and giggled looking at the sky.