entering her functioning era

I started my day as I had been for the past week, wake up, scroll through Instagram for an hour, finally get up and brush my teeth and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. I recently dumped my toxic ex boyfriend but I still felt like shit. It was almost like he'd dumped me. Well on my fourth day of being basically reclusive I decided I needed to get out a bit, besides I had to go food shopping anyway. It was only a little shopping trip but I decided to get slightly dressed up for it. I got into the shower and washed my hair, shaved and exfoliated. I had a good feeling about that day. Once I got out I dried my hair and did my makeup.

It felt good after not putting in an effort for a week. I got into my car and put on my favourite playlist. Once I had arrived at Tesco I got out of my car and walked over to where the shopping trolleys were. I made my way in and to the bread aisle. I wondered around, checking items off my shopping list that I had created the night before when I heard a familiar voice to my left
"Hey y/n, I haven't seen you in ages!" My ex's aunt, Layla, exclaimed. I had always had confusing feelings when I was around her. Don't get me wrong I am a straight woman but she made me unnecessarily nervous, almost like a crush.

My heart began to beat quicker when I realised who she was. Before I could respond she had thrown her arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. She did this every time, and every time I would blush. I think she noticed this because after a while she started to hug me around my waist instead of my neck. This hug was no different, it made me question everything I ever thought about myself. Naturally, I was bright red now.
"How's everything going?" I asked awkwardly
"I've actually moved to be closer to my sister and parents, if my memory is correct I don't live too far from you now," she laughed, obviously exited by this.

"Speaking of my family, how are you and Matthew doing?" She said, slightly nudging my shoulder.
"Oh uh we.. split up," I said quietly.
"What did he do," Layla said, her tone suddenly shifting to a more protective one. I remained silent, not wanting to remember all of the things Matthew had said and done. If I even thought about it I would cry. I stared at the floor, my eyes beginning to flood with tears.
"Hey look at me, are you alright?" Layla questioned, gently lifting my chin so that I made eye contact with her.
"Oh you poor thing," she gasped, wrapping her arms around me again and stroking my hair in an attempt to comfort me. All I wanted in that moment was her hands all over me.
"Tell you what, why don't we talk about it over a glass of wine at my apartment tonight, yeah?" She said, letting go of me. I nodded wiping the tears off my face. She sent me her address and we parted ways.

On my drive back home I was in shock, was I really about to go to my ex's hot aunt's place to chat shit about him. we had both agreed for 8 pm and it was fast approaching. I felt like I was about to go on a date or something, I decided it was probably just the fact that I hadn't seen her in a long time.. right?

[The next chapter is a longer I promise chickens xx]