❤️‍🩹

It's been a month the funeral was done. Ankita was devastated. Arjun was maintaining his cold posture but shubham took a major part of him. He drowned himself in work to escape the sadness.

Ankita locked herself for more than a month now. She wouldn't come out and skip her meals. She would cry all day and night remembering her parents. She looked sick. Dark circles under her eyes. Her face was pale. She nowhere looked like a new bride.

Arjun never took notice on her presence. Sometimes he felt he lived alone in the house. He quietly observed her from far. He has seen her crying. It was high time now to get out of the room.

Thinking this he finally decided that he will bring her out of the room. He will talk to her today.  Baba won't be happy if he let her be like that. He asked him to take care of her. He will do that.

He came back early from office just to talk to her. He slightly knocked on her door and waited for a minute. After sometime she opened the door. He observed her carefully. He would never admit but he missed the joyful girl she was. 

"Can I come in?" he asked her. she just nodded her head and moved aside giving him space. He sat on the corner of her bed. and she did the same. She waited for him to speak. He took a deep breath and continued. 

"What are you trying to do?" he asked her. She just gave him a confused look not understanding what he was saying. 

"Have you looked at yourself. You have locked yourself in the room after the funeral. You are skiping meals. Crying all day night. Are you trying to kill yourself?" he asked her wanting to sound normal but the coldness didn't left his voice. She looked at him shocked. He noticed her movements. she debated inwardly before speaking.

"I miss baba" she spoke tears kissed her cheeks. soft cries left her lips. Arjun looked at her and sighed. 

"I miss him too. but you need to understand. remember what he said. That he will be way from pain and happy there. he is in a better place Ankita. " he made her understand.

"b-but" she started but he cut her off.

"He said he wanted to see you happy. Do you think you are making him happy by doing this. You are literally killing yourself. Its enough of crying now. I think you should come out of the room. Its already a month. Think of baba too. He will be sad you are crying because of him." his voice was soft this time. 

"Come out for him. You have your whole life ahead. I hope you will think about my words. " he told her. and stood up to leave the room. She looked at his back. He was right. She was destroying herself baba won't be happy. 

The next morning. Ankita woke up early and headed downstairs walking towards the kitchen. She looked around. She started preparing simple breakfast for them. Her bangles jingled everytime she moved. She softly hummed a melody busy in cooking. after completing she placed the breakfast on the dining table. She saw him coming. he was busy with his cufflinks. 

"Good morning" she wished him in a soft voice. He looked at her shocked. She thought he won't reply but he shocked her by replying.

"Good morning, Its good to see you here" he said and moved towards the table. 

Aloo paratha and masala chai was plated for him. a very slight smile graced his lips. His favourite. He sat down and they both started having breakfast. 

"Its very delicious. Thank you" he said. She smiled at him.

"I will be leaving now. if you need anything just call me. " he said and stood up.

" uh your number" she said hesitantly. He passed her his  number.

" Bye" she said. He nodded and left.