IIII

*:・゚✧*:・゚

it was the night of the dunne brothers' concert on the strip. robin was wearing the cutest crocheted halter top, dark wash bell bottoms and her platform boots. her and camila were standing right in front of the stage, cameras in hand as the band played. camila recorded it, while robin snapped candid photos.

the girls sipped on beers as they shot. the band was killing it. robin couldn't help but notice how effortlessly ethereal karen looked on the keyboard. her hair would flow so perfectly as she played the keys. she wished she could be as cool as her.

the show went amazing. the band didn't have one slip up, although graham would swear that he fucked up a bunch of tabs on the bass, you'd never know.

a few days later, the girls, robin, camila, and karen decided to go out for brunch to escape the boyish drama they had to face every day. the girls sipped on coffees while chitchatting about anything and everything. camila brought up that robin could play guitar, and now karen insisted that she had to play for them when they got home.

"come on! you must show me". karen beamed, not knowing that robin had any mucus l talent.

"maybe, maybe. i'm no jimmi hendrix by any means".

"bull! karen she's downplaying it so much.. she's incredible... she sings too". camila interjected, karen's jaw dropping.

"no i don't". robin grumbled, crossing her arms.

"she totally does. she's incredible". camila boasted, grinning.

"i'm sure she is. robin, you've gotta play for me sometime".

"maybe, we'll see". robin flushed. embarrassed by camila talking her up so much. it was true. robin was a great guitarist. she'd been playing ever since christmas of 63', when her dad bought her a guitar for christmas. her voice was gorgeous too. soft, but with a slight raspy twang to it.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

and that's how the rest of the day wound up. robin was sat on karen's bed, her gibson les paul in hand, beside camila, while karen played a backtrack on the keyboard for robin to sing along to. robin felt shy as she began singing along to 'hallelujah' by leonard cohen. she began to warm up to it as the chorus began, letting her voice let go.

karen's jaw dropped as she sang the chorus, camila shooting her an 'i told you so' look. karen watched in awe as robin sang. camila wasn't lying. robin had pipes! even though this song had a lot of vibrato, robin was hitting all the notes so effortlessly. not to mention the fact that she was playing along beautifully on guitar. she was incredible.

as the song closed, karen clapped as camila cheered her on jokingly. robin flushed as she put her guitar back on its stand, feeling shy as the girls boasted about her. "thank you, thank you". she muttered, bowing dramatically.

"holy shit robin! i seriously wasn't expecting that. how have you never pursued in music? you're insanely talented". karen asked.

"well, as much as i love playing, photography will always be my passion. i just enjoy it more".

"that's fair. but if you ever change your mind.. i know a guy who can hook you up with gigs". karen replied.

"thanks karen".

a/n
hey... it's me😛
let's pretend like i haven't been completely mia on this book for like 6 months 😭 i'm rewatching daisy jones though so i'm back on the grind!!