Chapter 12

"I want to have kids." Harry announced.

"What?" Draco's head snapped around to face Harry. They were still in Harry's room, Ron and Hermione had gone down to the living room to join the rest of the Weasleys. Draco was working on a potion, and Harry was writing in a plain, black notebook after coming to, asleep by the time Draco entered the room. "Where's this coming from?"

"Ron said that the combination of our creatures can be bad for me, and writing down all of my opinions is a good idea. I just realised I really want kids." Harry shrugged, his cheeks darkening as he kept his eyes on the notebook.

"Not, like, now though, right?" Draco was still surprised, dropping the wrong thing in his potion causing it to go black. "Shit."

"No, I want to finish my NEWTs before kids, and probably a job. Just, they're something I want. And I want multiple." Harry didn't want as many as the Weasleys had, that was more than he was willing to care for, but he did want a big family. He'd never had a good family that was really his.

"Well, sounds good. I don't think we need to worry yet. What did Ron mean that our creatures might end badly for you?" Draco really didn't want Harry to start rejecting their creatures or bond, that could cause serious problems for them both, and if that was the case then any promises would be off.

"Veelas are fairly forceful with their opinions, and the charm can be amplified on their mates. Elves, all of them, are very receptive to other's opinions, changing to match them. I have wings because you have wings, and I assume you like them. Hermione is looking for something to make sure I keep my own opinions, but until then it was suggested I should write them down." Harry picked up the notebook, covering the bottom of his face with it, his fingers dark with ink.

"Can you at least let me or my mum check what they find? It might have other bad effects." Draco hadn't known that different combinations of creatures could have such effects, though he didn't doubt it. His parents had mentioned that, as Narcissa was a human, she was immune to Lucius' charm.

"What kind of bad effects?" Harry looked over the notebook, green eyes catching the light.

"It could damage our bond, your magic, your control of your magic, your creature, or even your mental capacity. Admittedly if you're the one taking the potion the damage to our bond will affect me worse than you, but the rest of them can negatively affect you. I know what ingredient combinations cause these effects. It's not ones I really know how to pronounce though." Draco wasn't looking Harry in the eye, in truth he was worried that Harry would take a prevention potion, and he felt guilty about never researching the possible affects of creature combinations.

"I was also thinking, if we're going to have to be alright with each other's friends, and I will not be backing down there willingly, I think it would be best if we all got to know each other before Hogwarts." Harry had more reasons for that to want them to meet prior to Hogwarts, he wanted to meet them when he still definitely had all of his own opinions.

"Sounds good, I'll write them and ask when they're free, you do the same." Draco waved his wand to dispose of the failed potion, bringing several pieces of parchment towards him.

-----

"And you're willing to forgive our debt now because?" Arthur looked over the small, ornate coffee table to the Malfoys, his arms crossed and his mistrust obvious.

"Because now we have a reason that we need to cooperate. Being kind to you is one of the things that Harry asked for." Narcissa explained, leaning forwards with a smile.

Arthur and Molly scoffed, though they still signed the papers saying that the debt was forgiven.

"On the 5th of August 1996 Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy agree to forgive the debt the Weasleys were supposed to pay. This has been agreed and witnessed by the involved. Signed

𝒩𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝓈𝒶 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝒻𝑜𝓎 
𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔦𝔲𝔰 𝔐𝔞𝔩𝔣𝔬𝔶 
Aɾƚԋυɾ Wҽαʂʅҽყ 
𝕄𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕪"

((A/N: parts in a fun font are just the adult's names.))

"If we find out that any of you are mistreating Harry we will be taking matters into our own hands." Molly looked as though she had a fire burning inside her.

"And if you do anything to our son we will rain hell upon you." Narcissa's tone and bright smile did not match her words.

-----

Harry made a note of his opinions every evening, but for the most part they were the same, only with a few more things being added. Draco had been talking to Harry excitedly about potions for most of the day, and Harry did notice he was starting to like potions more, even though he still hadn't made any other than the ones in Hogwarts.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled with a sing song voice as she burst into the room, where Draco sat at the desk, doing the summer homework, her arm raised above her head with a piece of paper in her hand. "I found the potion!"

"Really?" Harry looked up at her with a smile, he was getting a lot more comfortable being at the Malfoys than he thought he would, it was probably the best summer holiday he had ever had. "How does it work."

"So I did a lot of research and only this one won't act as a poison, or destroy your creature, or a bunch of other horrible stuff. It makes it impossible to impose opinions on you without you being willing to let them." Hermione rushed through her explanation.

"Let me read it." Draco leaned back to reach the other side of the bed, the chair he was on leading on it and his head upside down.

Hermione crawled over the bed to hand the paper over to Draco. That was the only thing about the room Harry was actually unhappy with. The bed was far too big, he loved how soft it was, though he had never been in them, it made him think of Draco's wings, but it was too big.

"Yup, this looks alright." Draco announced after reading it over, getting up and abandoning his homework to start of the potion. "Should be ready in about a day."

"Thank you!" Harry and Hermione somehow managed to chime in unison.

"Because that doesn't sound slightly creepy." Ron rolled his eyes from the doorway.

"Ron!" Harry smiled as he saw the red head again. "I thought you were all visiting Charley to meet the baby dragons."

"Yeah, well, apparently I'm too young so I was sent back. You're stuck with me for a few weeks." Ron sprawled on the bed, he wasn't especially bummed out about missing out on seeing the dragons, he had always said he had seen enough of dragons in their first year with Norbert.

"How is it being stuck with you if we want you here?" Hermione poked his exposed stomach, Ron never seemed to be able to have tops that fit him.

"You're right, I'm going to be stuck with 'Mione searching every book for a fix to your elven situation." Ron tried to pull his top down only to be hit in the face by Hermione, wielding one of the large, soft pillows that Harry wasn't using on the bed. "Hey!"

"For your information, Ronald," Hermione raised the pillow for another hit as Ron squirmed. "I have already found a potion and Malfoy is making it as we speak."

"After Harry takes it we're all going to meet up with Pansy, Blaise, and the others. I'm not putting up with my house being infested with Gryffindors without Slytherin backup." Draco's voice wasn't snide enough to be taken too seriously, though it was clear he was somewhat uncomfortable.

((A/N: Welp, all votes were for a lot of angst, so enjoy these moment while you can. I have talked to my loyal angst companion and, yeah, be prepared. Angst, angst galore. I have the plot outline now, so there's no going back.))