New Nanny Down The Lane

Thought I would show you guys what Scarlett looks like! I promise you'll learn more about her soon but some other stuff has to happen first. Hope you're liking this story so far! - Sunbeam

----------

Their first impression of her was that she wasn't going to last long. It hadn't been the first time Father had tried hiring a nanny to watch over them but for whatever reason, they couldn't explain all the previous ones had quit and never returned to their mansion again. The five of them couldn't understand it. They were good kids, weren't they?

Along with her new job at the Villain cafe, Father proposed that Scar worked for him and his darling children after listening to her explain the reason why Robin and her moved to this town. He was very intrigued and thought they could work together. She would serve coffee while they were in school and attend meetings with the other villains then after she would tend to things in the Delightful Mansion along with their butler, Jenkins. Being a nanny wasn't something Scar saw herself doing. She didn't necessarily despise kids. She's watched over Robin plenty of times and the two of them had a good relationship despite the age difference but around other kids, she didn't know Scar felt awkward around them and usually avoided them if she could. That went for some adults too but she's practiced hiding her anxiety pretty well at this point.

"So this here is the kitchen and the back door leads to the garden along the side of the house. You're welcome to visit it if you like but only after your other work is finished." Father invited Scar over to show her around the mansion a bit and to meet his Delightful Children now that she was going to be hanging around. Hey, the amount he offered was too good to turn down. Mama needed to continue making a living somehow.

"I think I understand where everything is." Scar nodded as they came to the end of the tour, heading back into the living room. When they were finished with everything Father was going to have his driver escort her back to her apartment. "So when will I get to meet-"

Just as she began asking about his children, they heard a chorus of voices telling Father they were home, and in stepped the Delightfuls themselves. Almost immediately Scar locked eyes with them as they froze in the doorway feeling as if they were interrupting something. They didn't know Father was having company over today. Not many people were even allowed over unless they were using someone to help hatch one of their schemes or when they captured other children and forced them to come to their birthday party. This reminded them; they had to plan something better for their next birthday soon. The Big Badolescent had been a total bust. They never should have hired that girl.

"My Delightful Children you should know better than to stare. It's impolite." Father's voice brought them back and they immediately apologized before he could get angry with them.

"We're pleased to meet you, adult person." They bowed.

"It's alright, Father. I am a stranger in their home after all." Scar assured him that it was no biggie and went to approach them. "Father has told me about you five. Hope you don't mind but we were discussing about me becoming your new nanny.."

Seeing the confused and doubtful expressions his children were giving her, Father sighed and ordered them to sit down on the couch. Even he knew that it was a bit odd of him to suddenly try and hire someone again after it's been months since the last nanny quit. He honestly got tired of the same outcomes but if this woman could help them destroy the Kids Next Door it didn't matter if she left in the end or not. Though with an attractive face like that, he kinda hoped she would still be in the area at least.

"Scarlett here is working together with a child who has infiltrated Nigel Uno's home pretending to be a long-lost relative." Father gave a quick explanation as the Delightfuls now perked up in interest. They wondered how well their act must have been to convince the Unos'. Either they were good or Monty and Jen were bigger morons than they thought.