Chapter Six

PHILIP

PHILIP

Both the King and I were talking over one another. The former Queen just stood and watched the both of us with a shocked expression on her face. Not to mention, I was shivering from the cold after the king hosed me down with water.

"Enough!" The queen yelled. We both stopped talking. The king because that's his mom, and I because she's a royal.

"Mom, if you'd let me-" The king tried speaking.

"No. I want Philips' side first. Care to tell me?" The queen said to me.

"Of course. I was enjoying my gardening when king Alaric came and gave me a snack. I offered him some. Then I was jokingly teasing him. Next thing you know, I'm fucking soaking wet!" I exclaimed.

"Hmm. Thank you for your input. Now, Alaric?" The queen asked the asshole next to me.

"He attacked me! He ruined my coat. I could've died! He needs to be placed in the dungeons right this minute!" The king quickly yelled.

"That's a lie! I defended myself!" I retaliated.

"You two are acting like children." The queen looked irritated. "Look, I'm not in charge, and I'm not a mediator. I'm going inside, you two talk it out. M'kay?" The queen said.

"But-" I tried saying but the queen had already walked away.

I was told that I wasn't going to have to interact with the King as long as we stayed away from each other. And here we are now.

I turned to the king, who had removed his coat and only wore a white button up. I awed at his muscles under his shirt and how the wet fabric stuck to each crevice.

"Take a picture, why don't you." The king said. I quickly looked away, pretending I wasn't doing anything.

I could hear the annoyed grunts from the king as he cleaned his coat and fixed his hair. I could also hear him muttering things towards me but I acted oblivious.

"Guards!" The king called out. I turned and saw three men running towards us. When they arrived, the king singled to me. "Take him to the dungeons." He announced.

I snapped my head at him. "Wait! No! You can't do this!" I pleaded.

"I can, actually. Take him to the west wing chamber." The king said to a guard.

Two of the other guards stood next to me and firmly grabbed my arms and began leading me away.

"How long do we leave him in there?" The main guard asked.