| fifty one |

Chapter.51

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte still laid there on the couch with Aubrey, they had changed positions now. Instead of Aubrey holding Charlotte, his head now laid on her chest and his arm wrapped around her stomach.

She scrolled through tiktok and let him sleep in peace. She jumped when Chubbs, who had walked in quietly, said lightly, "How long has he been asleep?"

Charlotte looked at the time on her phone screen and whispered back, "Seven hours." Chubbs walked behind the couch so she could look at him without straining her neck. "He looked dead when I came. When was the last time he slept?"

Chubbs answered honestly, "I seen him sleep four hours in three days, and that's adding up all the nodding out I seen him do." Charlotte shook her head and ran her hand down Aubrey's back.

"Didn't really think he would stress out so bad. It wasn't fun for sure, heartbreaking. But to not sleep for three days?" Charlotte couldn't believe he did that to himself.

"You know Aubs', he will stress out and think about what he did wrong, and how he could've done it differently. And he won't stop until it kills him," Chubbs rested his hands on the back of the couch.

"How are you doing?" Chubbs asked. Charlotte breathed out deeply, she felt so much she didn't know how to phrase it, "I'm just happy I'm here."

"We're happy too, this is where you belong, and you damn well know it. We'll all be dealing with each other in the old folks home, playing poker in the sun room and shit," Charlotte tried her hardest not to laugh and wake up Aubrey. "I'll leave y'all. Real happy you're back sis," Chubbs ruffled Charlotte's blonde hair before he walked out of the room.

Charlotte raised one arm and fixed her hair. Her shoulder was starting to strain so she wanted to move around, but Aubrey was too big to move without waking him. "GG" She whispered. When he didn't answer she put her lips closer to his ear, "GG,"

He groaned a little but slowly raised his head. He opened his tired eyes and looked around the room and then to Charlotte. "GG', let's go upstairs and go to bed."

"How long have I been asleep?" He rested his head back down on her chest. "Seven hours."

"Damn, I gotta' get up," His voice was raspy.

"No, we can just go back to bed. You need sleep."

Aubrey shook his head, "We need to talk."

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

"You asked for Momma Kris's blessing?" Charlotte sat next to Aubrey on the couch, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Charlotte's back rested against the arm rest so she could face Aubrey as they spoke to each other.

Aubrey nodded his head, "I asked Caitlyn too."

"I went to mom's this morning," Charlotte grabbed her phone off the coffee table, "and she told me to go somewhere if I wanted proof that you are serious. And I found this," she showed Aubrey the picture of the old warned out letter.

Aubrey gave a small smile, but also looked a little embarrassed. He thought that letter would stay between him and her parents, but he was happy she had found it. "It wasn't right, to not ask them."