Chapter One : Revenge

4 September 2008, 9:38 a.m.

Wood carving.

The art of ornamenting objects of wood.

In that one warm pleasant summer morning in his atelier, and with the golden fingers of sunlight pouring through the window, lit up the face of a young girl carved on the wood,

His old hands picked the carving chisel and the mallet from the table, grabbing with the right one the chisel firmly and the mallet in his left to hit the chisel, driving it through the thick piece of wood and cutting more slices of it.

The elderly man stopped for a moment and picked up the paper with the same face on it, sketched.

The dearest to his heart, his love and only one after losing his wife, his seventeen year old daughter, EunAe.

Her beauty was far more than what he could simply sketch on papers or carve on woods, though.

In reality, it was almost heavenly.

She had an innocent baby looking face, long black straight hair and pretty green eyes that indeed inherited from her mother. The old man couldn't feel more blessed, he couldn't thank his wife enough for their daughter before she had to be gone.

In her bedroom's mirror, Eunae reflected those pretty eyes with a soft mouth-closed smile and slid two small barrettes into her hair on both sides. She fixed them with gentle touches before turning around and leaving her room.

Her smile brightened, like she couldn't be more excited to see her father working on her eighteenth birthday gift today. Because of course she was.

The young lady walked the hall and downstairs to the living room, holding on the handrail of the next stairs and walked further down with tiny jumps of her pretty white ballerina shoes.

Once she was in the entry space she opened the door on her left to the kitchen, and stood before the door, watching with her smiling face their housekeepers preparing today's breakfast.

ByeongHo, an elderly man, flipping the eggs he was making, his wife on his right side, Mrs HeiRyung, cutting the fruits into slices. And their young and beautiful daughter, CheonSa, helping them with juicing fresh oranges.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning, sweetheart!" Replied the ladies with sweet smiles on their faces. The old man however, looked at her and pointed with his finger on his cheek, signing her for a kiss.

Eunae didn't waste a second before she approached him and gave him a peck there with a wide smile.

"A sweet kiss like sugar, from the sweetest girl." He responded. Eunae giggled.

The young lady considered him as her second father and his little family as her second one. They too, treated her as they treated their own daughter Cheonsa. They loved her so much and she did too. The difference was that she was the daughter of Mr Jung Junsang, head of a powerful holding, a rich korean business man that owned this manion and they were just his housekeepers.

Eunae gave everyone another smile and stepped outside the kitchen.

The sky was clear and cloudless. There were simple and beautiful container trees on the floor next to the white walls of the mansion, and plantings in baskets, hanging.

Her gaze went to the lawn on her side as she passed by the long boxwood hedges, mature trees with large shrubs, colorful summer perennials and a six seater dining set in the middle, where they'd relax or have breakfast on.