Chapter 45 ~Old Man's Funeral~

Kou's POV

"Huh? Hey! Let my shirt go, Kou!!" Brother yelled while trying to remove my tight grip on his shirt. He glared at me and I just tightened my grip even more, tears pouring down my face.

"But I don't want to! Don't leave me, Brother! I don't want to be alone!!" I yelled back and before I even know it, the unexpected happened. Brother harshly kicked me on the stomach and that made me let go as I flew backwards. I cried again and stood up, running towards him, but he pushed me away, causing me to fall on my bottom. But why? Why doesn't he want me to go with him?! Why does he push me away?! I don't get it! Does..... Does my brother hate me..? Brother hates me, doesn't he? Yeah. I'm such a clingy stubborn little sister anyway. Who would want a sibling like that? But.... I just don't want him to leave me!! I just don't want him to go! I don't want to be all alone!!

"You're not my sister!! You never were! So, don't call me Brother! In fact, Mom and Dad were just forced to adopt a brat like you!! And don't follow me, get it?! From now on, we'll part ways!! Get the hell away from me!!!" Brother yelled and I was about to run after him when his words repeated in my mind. I'm not related to him? I'm not his sister? I was just adopted? No way! Mom and Dad treated me like their own daughter! Brother treated me like his own sister!! Why is he saying such mean things right now?! Why does he glare at me right now? Why does he run away from me right now..? Why does he leave me in a dark place like this right now....? Tell me why!! Someone tell me why!

"BUT WHY??!?!! I TRUSTED YOU, BROTHER!!! I TRUSTED YOU!!!!"

I jolted up and felt beads of sweat trickling down my face. While releasing a sigh of relief, I wiped the sweat off my face and scanned my surroundings. I'm in a hospital right now. The scene is pretty familiar. Oh yes. It's because this is where I was kept back then. Hey. Who brought me here? No one's around and it's a bit dark. Is it night time? Probably. Wait.... Is this the exact hospital room I was kept before?! It looks exactly the same!! Nah! All rooms in here probably look like the same in the first place. Anyway, I can't help but think of the dream I had. Of all things, why did I have to dream of my brother? Why did I have to dream of him pushing me away and saying that I was just adopted? What a weird dream, sort of like a nightmare already. I never had dreams in a long time now and my very first dream once in a while just had to be like that. This thought made me release a long sigh. I deserve to have sweet and nice dreams too, you know. Ugh. Nevermind. I have to get out of here first.

I looked under my blanket and saw a piece of perfectly clean clothing. Ah damn. I'm wearing a hospital gown. I hate this stupid thing. Looking around, I tried to find my scissors, but to my disappointment, even a trace of it wasn't found. Next, my clothes. I roughly pulled the thing connected to my right hand, hissing in pain for a second but getting over it afterwards, and quietly stood up. My feet brought me to the cabinet and when I opened it, neatly folded clothes greeted me. Nice! It looks a bit different from my clothes before though, but it doesn't matter anyway! They just probably threw my stinky old clothes, which are full of dirt and blood, away and replaced it with some fresh nice new ones. My head spinned a little but I managed to remain my composure and went towards the bathroom to change my clothes. I don't care about anything for now. I just need to wear some decent clothes and find my friends..... Those stupid sand siblings. I need to make sure that they're fine, especially Gaara.

-FEW MINUTES LATER-

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and grinned. I like my clothes. It's just simple. I'm currently wearing a black shirt with long sleeves and a pair of black knee-length shorts. As for my footwear, it's just my pair of black ninja sandals. Woah. Totally black, eh? Nevermind. It suits me perfectly anyway and my surroundings at the meantime too.