Vengeful

Tim POV:

As I pull into the parking lot a few spaces away from the door to her motel room, there's only one thing still stuck on my brain from the drive over, Lucy's cry of defeat when we recovered her from the barrel. How helpless she looked. How relieved she was when she realized she was finally safe. 

Fidgeting with the doorknob to room 206 to no avail, I curiously examined the frame of the door until I noticed the strip of tape she's notorious for. 'Still stuck.' I thought trying to remain hopeful that she's safe and okay inside the room. 

"Tori!" 'Her UC given name.' Eye rolling to myself as I was so close to calling out for 'Lucy', Every aspect of undercover work is difficult. Not only psychically, but psychologically, it tears you down, strips away any emotion or characteristics. Despite the day Lucy toyed with the idea of 'having feelings for me.' I'm still too convinced she's nowhere near ready for this type of job yet.

My fist clenched and swiftly colliding with the door in a series of knocks. "Tori?! Are you in there?!" Silence. 'Where the fuck is she?' "I'm coming in!" I announce, desperately hoping she's behind the door once it's kicked in.

She wasn't. The broken panel of wood came crashing down onto the carpet of the dust-smelling room. Anger pumping throughout my veins as I scan around every piece of furniture the motel had to offer.  Nothing catching my eye, just clothes and empty takeout containers. 

My last motion is towards the coat closet. I open it and every nightmare I've had for the past four years instantly replays in my head. 'Her gun.' Were the only words I could formulate and mutter out. Secured to the inside of the wall with duct tape means she's unarmed and alone.

Turning towards my truck, I pull my phone out and dial the station. Almost instantaneous, Grey manages to pick up on the first ring. "Is she there?" Panic evident in the sound of his voice. "No she's not, but I found her gun." I reply in defeat. 

"That's no good." Grey replies obviously upset. "Okay, get back here. We're gonna find her but we need a game plan going into this."

"Got it." I sigh. "I'm going to make a few calls; I'll see you in twenty." As I hung up the phone. I pace around the outside of Lucy's motel room examining the damage to the hollow door. Unlocking my phone again, I dial the number to the nearest hospital from the crash site. 'Lucy would be there.' Hoping to anything out there that she is sheltered and safe.

"Hello yes, I'm calling about a patient that was admitted three days ago." I begin the call, worry flooding the questions I'm asked. "Unfortunately, I cannot release any patient information under the HIPAA law." The receptionist responded.

"Your patient is LAPD Officer Lucy Chen." A sharp breath filling my lungs as I attempt to calm myself down from the terror my mind has to trouble fleeing into. "I am Officer Bradford badge number 34831, locating her is vital to me so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated."

While remaining focused on the call, I walk my way over to the lobby. I hand my business card to the man running the front desk. "Just a moment." Interrupting the receptionist yapping into my ear. "Room 206." I quickly spit out before he could ask any questions.

Pulling the door open and returning to the conversation. "Yes I'm still here."