The Alpha's Daughter - chpt. 1

* * * This is Ebony's Story. This story is loosely connected to two of my other books, My Arrogant, Over Protective Mate and My Dark and Powerful Mate. You don't have to read those two to enjoy this one. This one is about the daughter of the main couple in those two stories. Thank you for reading! * * * 

I have the most EXCITING news!! My beloved Ebony and Logan have been given a once in a lifetime opportunity! Thanks to your amazing support, the "Wolves of the West" series has been spotted by Inkitt and purchased for their new app GALATEA!

I am so excited it is hard for me to breathe. But let me explain.

Galatea is an immersive reading app that takes a story and makes it into living, breathing thing! Galatea is offering up to ten different languages as well as including audiobooks for those of you who like to read on the go! 🏃‍♀️

In order for The Wolves of the West to have this chance, I have to remove all but the very first three chapters of the stories in the series 😪 But don't fret because The Alpha's Daughter is being released on Galatea Friday March 4th, 2022!! 🎉

AHH! I just cannot wait to see how my story grows and changes with Galatea! 😍🎉 THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING MY STORY GET SPOTTED! I APPRECIATE YOU ALL! 💕💕

I can't wait to share this ride with you 🧡

The Alpha's Daughter

Chapter One

            "How does it feel being slower than a girl?" I shouted over my shoulder. Ryan was huffing and puffing by the time he got to my side. Running for three hours straight up the side of a mountain was too much for him.

            "Great," he sucked in a few breaths, trying to feed his hungry lungs. He reached up and stretched his arms over his head before letting his hands drop down to his hair, which he messed around.

            I smiled at him and took his hand in mine. He squeezed my hand in return and we sat down, looking over the tops of the trees below us. He sighed after a moment and I looked over at him, marveling at his handsome features.

            Ryan was my best friend and had been since I was eight. It killed me I wasn't going to be able to spend the summer with him, but I was more or less being forced to go. He sighed again and stretched out his legs in front of him.

            "It sucks I can't come with you," he said, squinting against the sun. "I asked my mom but she's pissed that Uncle Jude and I went away for that weekend without telling her."

            I blew out a breath, "I'm pissed that I even have to go in the first place. But my Dad thinks it will be good for me."

            "He just wants you to find your mate," Ryan told me with a frown.

            I winced, "Don't remind me." I didn't want a mate, and I sure as hell didn't need one. I saw the way it made my mom act, and my Aunt Rachel. They tied you down and made everything complicated. Maybe I'd want a mate one day, but I wanted to be like my Aunt Dakota and not be tied down until my thirties.

            "It sucks that we couldn't be mates," Ryan mumbled under his breath. I turned and looked at him, trying to catch his eye. His hair –which I couldn't decide if it was blonde or brown—was covering his eyes so I couldn't decipher what he was feeling.

            Instead I just bumped my shoulder to his, "You'd really want to put up with me for an entire life time?"

            He grinned, "No, maybe not."