THIRTYEIGHT - Connasse

Trigger warning: this chapter might be triggering for some people. It includes violence/assault and PTSD symptoms/re-experiencing/flashback. Please take caution when reading.
I put warnings before the worst part.
The chapter/parts can be skipped, if needed. 

Isabella

"I fucking hate being pregnant," Kitty groaned from the passenger seat. "After this I'm going to get my tubes cut or something. No way, I'm doing this ever again."

Isabella nodded with her lips pulled into a thin line and her brows bunched together in concentration. She was driving while Kitty rested next to her on the passenger seat. Apparently the redhead had been suffering from a bad bout of morning sickness, when she was supposed to go to see the doctor this morning. Even now she was still looking pretty pale. It had been a no-brainer for Isabella to take over driving duty but she wasn't used to driving a large, four-wheel SUV. The car belonged to Moose and Isabella guessed that he used it when he went into the forest, but it had been the only car available that was automatic. She had never learned how to drive stick. But while it drove fine, Isabella worried the whole time that she was going to hit other cars or pedestrians because the car was just that big.

She knew she should have taken Knux's offer of him coming along and letting him drive the monstrous car, but that would have meant that he'd figure out what was going on with Kitty. For now Isabella had just told him that Kitty needed to see a doctor and that she had asked Isabella to go with her for emotional support. Of course, they now had Chazz trailing them on his bike, but since he was already sworn into silence, Kitty hadn't complained much. She anyways had her nausea to worry about.

"Do you need me to stop?" Isabella asked without taking her eyes of the road. 

The worst of the morning rush hour had passed but there were still a lot of cars on the road.

"Noooo," Kitty whined, "let's just go."

***

When they arrived in the parking lot of the doctor's practice twenty minutes later though, Kitty jumped out of the car and ran over to the closest trash can to puke into it. Isabella winced and the grabbed their things to also exit the car.

"You want me to wait here?" Chazz asked from his spot on his bike. 

He watched Kitty with a worried glance.

"I guess," Isabella agreed. "If that's okay?"

She thought that Kitty might feel even more uncomfortable with Chazz around as well.

"Sure," he nodded, "can't say that I really want to go to a women's doctor."

Isabella understood. This wasn't a place a lot of guys wanted to go to, unless their girlfriend or wife was pregnant and needed support.

"We'll be alright," she said and then went over to gently guide Kitty into the doctor's office. 

Her friend had finally stopped throwing up and was now even whiter than before.

Stepping into the doctor's practice sent Isabella back five years when her father had taken her to the clinic where the doctor had ended her unwanted pregnancy. The reception area was just as sterile and uninviting as in the clinic. It was a day that she would probably never be able to forget and the hurt, shame and sheer hopelessness she had felt on that day.

Luckily, the personnel was nice and when they went to sit in the waiting room, Isabella was able to calm down. The waiting area was vastly different from the entrance with warm welcoming colors and with a small kids play station in one corner. Three other women were waiting as well. One of them was highly pregnant.