3. Wolves' den

You feel...lost...no...you feel dumbfounded by what just happened.

'That cat...oh god what did it do to me?'

The memories...that...unique experience, still lingers in your mind. Who could blame you? You were eaten by that latex cat! The alien sensation when it crawls all over your body...and being controlled like a puppet bent to the cat's every will. You vaguely remember seeing the cat playing with some cat toys after it hijacked your body...

So much happened...

*Beep?*

A robotic beep pushes you out of your thoughts as you look down to locate the source of the beeping. You find a sweeping robot, gently bumping against your foot. You move out of the way, thinking you are blocking its path.

*Beep!*

The robotic beep emits again but this time it sounds more...demanding? You look down again to see the sweeping robot has eyes. You pause for a moment to consider before you speak.

"Wait...can you understand what I am saying?"

*Beep!*

"Wow...an intelligent robot!"

You are speechless... a robot that is intelligent enough to communicate? Amazing! You didn't care if this robot is just a sweeper nor that it might not be able to speak English. A robot is a robot!

You kneel down in front of the robot and cup your hands together on the floor asking if you can pick it up. Understanding your gesture, the robot climbs onto your hands as you brought it up to your eye level.

*Beep boop!*

"Cute!"

The robot's eyes change to heart symbols, affected by the compliment. You then pat the robot on the head, beeping and booping as if to encourage you to keep petting it. You don't know if the robot is genuinely 'feeling' the pets but the reactions from it are good enough. If anything, this robot would seem like a pet! A pet...like the cat from before...

The memories of the cat deceiving you with its cuteness before doing that 'thing' is still fresh in your mind, sending shivers down your spine.

*Beep?*

"Oh...sorry just ahh...thinking about some weird cat. And everything that happened."

*Beep?*

The robot's eyes are replaced with a single question mark, asking you to explain. Maybe this is good for you, it's always good to talk to someone whenever you feel lost...even if they are a robot right? You proceed to sit in the corner of the room as you decide to talk with the robot.

"It...it all happened so quickly...a lot has happened and I just feel so lost. I just woke up from the pod with NO memory of anything. It doesn't help with the fact that I feel alone...and I barely have any clothes. Just while I try to grasp what is happening, this white sludge just came crawling trying to...I don't know, steal my body? I just got lucky that it fell in the drain."

You take a deep breath and continue.

"And then I find out that I was all alone in this. And then this...human-like WOLF made of sludge just came out and chase me down...I can never forget that look in its eyes...and then that cat...I really thought it was just a normal cat...but when I found out it was too late. It just...splatted right onto me while I was trying to get away! I try to pull it off but it just keeps spreading and spreading...I thought I was going to die..."

You shudder as you let loose a tear.

"I was so scared...I didn't know what was going to happen...I thought I might melt or something...but it just stole my body! It took my body and used it to do whatever it wanted! I couldn't even think straight! I should be dead but...I woke up with my body still attached...I just don't know what happened...the cat was still around but I managed to slip away when I had the chance."