three

You were woman enough to admit when someone had piqued your curiosity; Armin Arlert had done just that

Well, admitting it to yourself was one thing, doing it out loud was another— if anyone asked, it was just a concern for the new colleague you were sharing drywall with, considering his new office was the one placed right next to yours. It annoyed you almost as much as he did, himself, with the way your mind was occupied with burning questions about the man that you had just chewed out in your office this morning.

Perhaps you had been a little too harsh, but prideful was your middle name; an apology this soon would just make you look weak.

Still, that didn't stop you from allowing yourself a couple of quick glances into his office every time you would pass by— finding yourself taking one too many bathroom breaks well within any normal range of time. You weren't even sure what you were looking for each time you caught sight of his determined expression typing away at the Mac on his desktop; pretty eyes illuminated by the hazy blue lit glow.

You just needed more information, already having a pretty good idea about the kind of person he was. You were good at that— reading people was always a specialty of yours and it came in handy for your particular line of work. Alas, there was something about Armin that made you second guess yourself; this air of uncertainty was a stain on your psyche.

"Everything okay?"

You startle at the sudden intrusion, your senses soon begin to recall the familiar scent of tobacco and spiced cologne that often litter your bedsheets."God— you scared the shit out of me!" You huff, gripping onto the folder of documents that you'd been attempting to copy for the past seven minutes.

"Not god, princess," he chuckles, leaning over your shoulder to see what it was that had such a hold on your attention. "It's just me; sorry to disappoint."

"You can't sneak up on me like that, I'm already stressed enough as it is," your eyes flit back over to Armin, who continues to busy himself with whatever work that Grisha was able to throw at him.