Part 1

A/n: Most of the book is written in second person (using 'you' pronoun) except for a few POVs of different characters occasionally.

Y/N's POV:

I'm wandering the school halls during lunch, trying to find something to entertain myself. My best friend wasn't present, and many of my other friends are older and in college.

I decided to go to my locker to get my books ready for the next class. As I turn the corner, I see Lena Luthor and another person. it looks like they are bothering her.

I won't lie. I have been teasing Lena for a while now, but I have grown protective of her. no one else is allowed to tease her and definitely not bully her. Lena, of course, doesn't like me at all. I don't think, but it is sooo entertaining to tease her.

I have quite the reputation at school, people know not to mess with me. As I get closer to the pair, Lena's back is facing me and the other guy has not seen me yet. The guy says something quietly and Lena's body language says she is very uncomfortable.

I start walking faster towards them, and Lena starts backing up a little. Lena is still backing up as I got closer while the guy moved forward with her. Lena then bumped into my chest and went stiff. She didn't know who she bumped into, but I don't think she dared to look.

the other guy then saw it was me and his smile dropped into a worried expression as he saw my unhappy face. "Got a problem, Collins?" I asked. That's when Lena realized it was me. The last person she wanted to see, but she was surprised that I was standing up for her.

Without thinking, I put my hand on Lena's waist to move her to the side, which I only realised later and hoped i didn't make her uncomfortable. I stepped up to Collins and looked down at him as I was a few inches taller than him. "N-no," he stuttered.

I told him to leave Lena alone and he agreed and apologized to me and said he won't do it again. "Why are you apologizing to me, apologize to her you fool," I exclaimed, which got some people's attention. He reluctantly apologized as everyone watched him.

He was one of the more popular boys in the school and he was embarrassed to be apologizing to a nerd. "Like you mean it." I spoke. He did as told. "Now get lost," He quickly walked away, embarrassed. I took my leave also as I did not want to stick around for the Luthor to nag me or make it awkward.

I went on with the rest of my day in peace. But I couldn't help but think about the incident from lunch. I wondered if many people were giving the Luthor a hard time. No one is allowed to tease her but me.

Lena's POV:

I bumped into someone as I was backing up from Luke Collins. He's been giving me a hard time lately, along with a few others. As I bumped into someone, my whole body went stiff, I didn't dare to look at who it was.

Then I heard her voice. Y/N Y/L/N, she's been my bully for years, though it's not as severe as some others. She calls it "just teasing," but it's really just bullying. I was shocked to hear her confront my bully, but I did not look at her.

I was lost in thought when I felt her hands on my waist as she moved me to the side and stepped up to my bully. I felt butterflies in my stomach, and I could feel my face heating up. I know I shouldn't, but i definitely have a crush on my bully. She is very attractive, and her touch gives me butterflies. While I got lost in thought for a second I looked up and she was in his face staring him down. He looked very intimidated. Everyone in this school knew not to mess with Y/N.

I would have never expected for y/n of all people to stand up for me, but what surprised me even more is that she made him apologize to me in front of everyone that was in the corridor and told the guy to get lost. She left quickly after him. She did not even look at me once, which I guess I was happy about as I did not want her to see my reddened face. She probably didn't want to make the situation awkward.

I went on with the rest of my day. I was finding it hard to focus in class as my mind kept wandering. Why? Why would she stand up for me?