Part 44

Your wedding was in a matter of days and you were growing more impatient. You couldn't wait to call Lena your wife.

Kat was coming into the city today and she would stay with you and Lena at your house until the wedding day.

Since it was a small wedding with just family and friends, you decided not to do bridesmaids or groomsmen or anything. But Kat and Lex were going to be helping you and Lena prepare for the wedding on the day.

You and Lena were excited to see Kat again. It's been a couple of months since you've seen her. You could still vividly remember her reaction when you facetimed her to tell her that you're getting married so soon.

You and Lena waited at the airport as Kat was going to be here any minute. Kat decided to take a flight rather than the long road trip you and Lena took quite a few times over your college years.

Kat ran to you excitedly as soon as she saw you and Lena. She jumped at the two of you, pulling you both into a tight hug, leaving her suitcase behind. "I missed you so much, guys." She muttered as she held you for a while.

You chuckled at the statement as she pulled away. "Looking good." She says as she scans the two of you.

"You too, Kat. Come on." You say with a chuckle as you take her suitcase, leading her to your car.  You drove back to your house and showed Kat to the spare room she would be staying in.

"Nice lil house you got here." She says as she looks around. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it does the job. Not that you wanted anything big and expensive anyway. You were just happy to have a place you could call home, even with all the negative memories associated with the place.

Kat got settled in and the 3 of you ordered takeout, chatted and watched some movies. You wanted to relax tonight as tomorrow you were going over some last detail before the wedding.

---

The next morning, you woke up quite early, making breakfast before Lena and Kat woke up. You had quite a lot to do today, so you wanted to get an early start to the day.

The three of you ate breakfast in a comfortable silence as you were lost in your own thoughts. "I think we should pick up the rings first." You say as you finish eating, just in case stuff gets delayed, so you wouldn't end up missing the pickup time before closing.

You couldn't get married without wedding rings after all. "Oh yes, I can't wait to see them," Kat squeals excitedly. You chuckle at her excitement. You could only imagine what her excitement levels would be for her own wedding if she was this thrilled about yours.

"We can head out if everyone is good to go." Lena says and you nod. You get to the shop only a little bit after opening.

The shopkeeper gets your rings and you sign for them before leaving the shop. You and Lena decided to go for a simple wedding band with black and gold.

They looked better than you could have imagined. Kat lost her shit when she saw them. She couldn't stop talking about how beautiful they were all the way to the car. She was like a child, getting so excited about every little thing.

You spent the day finalizing the wedding arrangements and getting all your last-minute things out of the way and then the day after tomorrow was the wedding day.