Yule Swim

Yule. A Wizarding version of Christmas. A version in which Harry does not recognize and totally did not know that the champions of each schools has to have a date and dance.

Harry can't dance.

So when Professor McGonagall told the champions about the Yule Ball, Harry freaked. How was he supposed to dance? Better yet, how was he supposed to get a date!? Harry was certain that no ladies were going to go with him.

Cedric Diggory obviously asked out Cho Chang. Viktor Krum is going out with Hermione Granger. Fleur Delacour is going with Pierre Guillaume. All that's left is Harry.

Thankfully, Susan Bones offered going to dance with Harry because she's been observing how nervous Harry gets around people. Harry was glad that his godsister was able to help him with the dance and stuff.

But not only are the champions going to dance, so is everybody else. The Heads of the Houses has to give their students dance lessons. That meant McGonagall teaching the Gryffindors, Flitwick teaching the Ravenclaws, Sprout teaching the Hufflepuffs, and Snape teaching the Slytherins.

Although that last part made Harry giggled a bit. He could never imagine Snape giving dance lessons.

Right now, Harry was currently practicing dancing with the rest of the Ravenclaws. Cho had offered to be Harry's temporary dance partner in these lessons.

"Okay everyone, now remember, be careful with your steps. Make sure you and your partners are well coordinated so that they'll be no accidents" Flitwick's voice squeaked around the room.

Cho was currently trying to help Harry on stepping. Although, Harry was having a hard time keeping up with Cho. He already stepped on her foot multiple times in two minutes.

But Cho didn't mind at all and continued to help Harry correct his dancing.

Harry could look around the room and see students, who were raised in the Muggle world, becoming frustrated and some even purposely step on their partners foot.

When the dance lessons were over, Harry and the other students immediately left the common room, confusing the Purebloods and the halfbloods in the process.

"Finally!" One of them shouted out in relief. "Dancing like that was hard"

"Why are we even dancing like we're in the 16th century!?" The boy besides Harry asked.

"I don't know to be honest" Harry said. "It's the Wizarding world Anthony, everything here is old time"

Everyone agreed and nodded at that. They just wished that the Magical world would become a bit more advance. Well, in Harry's case, become advance like the Mystic Souls.

"What time is it?" A first year asked.

A Muggleborn Prefect casted a tempus. "It's 15:09. Anyone wanna go to the Black Lake to swim?"

Everyone agreed and split up to get the others from different houses. Harry was the only one to go to Slytherin because he's the only one that could tolerate with them and they could tolerate with him. Besides, he's the only one that knows that they're Muggleborns in Slytherin.

Harry made it to the Slytherin common room entrance and said the password. It was Green Apples.

Harry went inside the calming atmosphere the common room had. Harry sighed and wished he could've listened to the Sorting Hat in his first year because Draco told him about the private rooms. But Ravenclaw works too.

"Hi Harry!" Draco chirped cheerfully.

"Hey Dray"

"What are you doing here" Theo asked, not even taking his eyes off the book.

"I'm just here for a few people" Harry said as he walked to a table filled with Muggleborns.

"Oh, hello Harry" Sophia Makery said, trying to be like a formal Pureblood.

"C'mon Soph, none of that Pureblood formality. Let's go to the Black Lake, Stephen said we can" Harry said.

Sophia sighed in relief and immediately left the common room with her other Muggleborn friends. Harry went to leave as well but was stopped by Snape standing in front of him.

"And why are you going to the Black Lake?" Snape asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Uhh..." Harry looked around, no teacher ever find them swimming on the Black Lake with the Giant Squid. They would've freaked.

"To go...picnic?" Harry mentally slapped himself for saying it like that. It sound more like a question than a statement!

But, luckily, Snape seems convinced. Or does he.

"Fine. But be back safely or else" with that, Snape walked away with his black cloak flying around dramatically.

Harry rolled his eyes and walked out of the common room, unaware of a curious Malfoy following him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
December 1, 1994, Black Lake

For some crazy reason, the children didn't even wear warm clothes! Not only that, but they're swimming in the Black Lake on December! If McGonagall, Sprout, or Mrs.Malfoy saw Harry going to go swim in the freezing cold water, they'll have him locked up in his room for days.

"Okay everybody!" Anthony clapped his hands to catch everyone's attention. "Are y'all ready for some cold swims?"

There was cheers from half of the crowd. The other half were being reasonable and wore warm clothes in order to not get any frostbite or hypothermia.

A Hufflepuff Prefect cut opened a big hole on the ice. Then, she picked up the heavy load and dragged it away. Anthony put his arm in the cold water and shivered in excitement.

"I'm going first!" Shouted Harry.

Harry proceeds to jump in the watering hole. He was shivering quite a bit, but being kept in the cold prison of Azkaban helped him overcome it.

Harry was only in his swim trunks as he did an underwater backflip. When he looked up, he could see the other older students make large portions of holes on the frozen lake. Harry decided to swim up to catch his breath as the other kids started submerging underwater.

When he came up to the surface, he could see Draco standing at the edge of the Black Lake with shock and disbelief embedded on his face.

The other children saw him too and only looked at him awkwardly. Then, Harry moved his gaze to the windows of Hogwarts and faintly saw a figure that looked a lot like Severus Snape.

Except it was Severus Snape.

So Harry decide that it was best to address the other Muggle-raised students about the professor after he ran away. But Harry decided to do this calmly so that he doesn't panic everybody.

"PROFESSOR SNAPE SAW US! RUN!"

Immediately, everyone that was swimming in the lake got out with the help of their friends who decided to not get any hypothermia.

They used a drying spell and Accioed their spare clothes, which consisted of a warm coat, a pair of trousers, and a comfy long-sleeved Muggle shirt.

After that, they ran.

They ran to a hidden entrance that led them inside Hogwarts library. The farthest side of the library so that Madam Pince won't see them randomly emerging from a wall. Although she'll get suspicious on how they suddenly got there. But they'll deal with that later.

Though, they did left Draco standing there. Where he was the one to explain the professors. Thankfully, he didn't snitched on them. If it wasn't for Snape to give him Veritaserum and making him tell the truth.

The next day, every Muggle-raised students who participated in the 'dangerous' swim, as the professors called it, had detention for three weeks.

Unfortunately for Harry, he still got dance lessons.