4

In the aftermath of the funeral, Helaena Targaryen, adorned in dark shades of green, approached Aelora when her mother Queen Alicent, signaled her to come after the conversation with the crown princess was over, she wanted to get closer to the young lady and recognized that being so openly antagonizing in front of her would only hurt her image so having her daughter get closer to her as they had the same age was the most logical action.

"Lady Aelora," Helaena spoke softly, her voice a gentle murmur amid the echoes of mourning, "I share in the sorrow of your loss. My mother and I mourn with you."

As the formalities of condolences unfolded, Alicent Hightower, intervened with a subtle yet commanding presence. "Why don't you two young ladies take a moment in the palace garden? The tranquility might offer a respite from the heaviness of the day." She said with the intent of getting the Heir of house Caeryleus in their good graces to have a potential ally in the future.

Aelora and Helaena exchanged a glance, their paths converging under the watchful gaze of the queen. Following Alicent's suggestion, they made their way to the palace garden—a lush sanctuary of blooms and verdant pathways.

As Helaena and Aelora sought solace in the sanctuary of the palace's exquisite garden. The air was heavy with the scent of blooming flowers, and the gentle rustle of leaves provided a backdrop to the whispers of shared grief and the beginning of an unlikely friendship.

The palace garden, famed as one of the most exquisite in the realm, embraced them with its beauty and unfolded before them like a tapestry of nature's splendor. Vibrant blossoms adorned every corner delicate petals danced in the gentle breeze, and the sunlight filtered through the canopy of ancient trees, casting dappled patterns on the ground, and the soft melodies of songbirds floated through the air, creating a serene refuge from the weight of mourning.

As they strolled along the meticulously manicured paths, Aelora and Helaena found a secluded bench beneath a canopy of fragrant roses. The elegant surroundings seemed to echo the complexity of their shared heritage, the blossoms symbolizing the endurance of life even in the face of loss.

Amidst this natural splendor, the two found solace in each other's company, seated side by side, Helaena broke the silence first with a gentle question, "Lady Aelora, I understand that these are trying times for you. If you ever wish to share your thoughts or simply find a moment of respite, I am here." She said trying to comfort her cousin, she did not know her well but she couldn't imagine the pain of losing someone so close to her.

Aelora, touched by Helaena's sincerity, offered a small but genuine smile. The layers of formality began to peel away, revealing two young women bound by the threads of Targaryen's legacy and the shared weight of grief.

"Thank you, Helaena," Aelora replied softly. "It feels surreal, the way life changes so suddenly. The garden is beautiful, a reminder that even in sorrow, there is still beauty to be found."

Helaena nodded, her gaze wandering across the blooming landscape. "I find comfort here, amidst the greenery," she confided, her voice tinged with a mixture of melancholy and yearning.

As they continued to converse, the walls of formality crumbled further, revealing personal anecdotes, shared memories, and aspirations that transcended the expectations placed upon them. Aelora spoke of her parents, their love for vibrant colors, and the joy they found in the simplest of things. Helaena, in turn, shared tales of her own family, the complexities of being a Targaryen, and the burden of carrying the name.

Their laughter, like the gentle breeze that stirred the leaves, echoed in the secluded corners of the garden. Through shared vulnerability and mutual understanding, Aelora and Helaena found a common ground that surpassed the constraints of courtly protocol.
As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow on the garden, the budding friendship between Aelora and Helaena blossomed like the flowers surrounding them. In the quietude of the palace garden, where the beauty of nature mirrored the intricate dance of their lives, the seeds of a bond were planted—one that would endure the storms yet to come and weave itself into the very fabric of Targaryen legacy.
------------------------
As the night settled over the castle, its stone walls embraced the hushed whispers of the evening. Aelora, weary from the weight of grief and the events that had transpired, prepared to retire to her chamber. The flickering candlelight cast dancing shadows on the walls as she approached her bed, the ornate canopy looming like a silent guardian.
Before Aelora could find respite in the embrace of sleep, a gentle knock echoed through the chamber. She turned toward the door as it creaked open, revealing the silhouette of her uncle, Aurelio. His presence, though familiar, carried a gravity that spoke of the solemnity of the hour.