A new start .2.

Yn POV———-

I heard the phone ringing, and eyes shot wide open. Argh, stupid phone. My eyes were half way open and I already knew that there were bags under my eyes. I got out of my bed reluctantly and had to turn the lights on since it was dark now.

The lights immediately hit my eyes and shielded my face before putting my arms back down. I opened the door slowly and walked down the hallway sluggishly. With my feet dragging on the floor. I went into the kitchen and picked up the phone. "Who is this?" I asked still not being fully awake yet. I looked at the time to see that it was 4:30 am in the morning.

"Is this Player?" Someone asked on the phone. "Yeah this is player and why are you calling me at 4:30 am in the morning?" My obviously getting annoyed. "Well Player, the company at playtime.co would like to inform you that you got the job.

(Spits coffee out /that's a joke/☺️) I was in shock. To the point where I thought I would pass out. "Are you serious?" I said a little too loud. "Yes, player you got the job and you start tomorrow." Sweet! "What time do I need to be there?" I asked. "8:00am would be preferred since we open at 9:00 am. There is going to be another repair man that's going to help you with what to do and show you the ropes."

She replied back. "Ok see you by then." I said before hanging up the phone. Alright I get the job! Do I want to go back to sleep? Well I'm already up and I'm wide awake now. I'll just read a book. Hopefully that will make me sleepy. I walked to my living room where I have a bookshelf full of books and a armchair. The rest of the living room was a couch, a TV, some paintings or pictures of my family, a table next to the armchair and a coffee table.

I'm not going to brew coffee since I don't feel like coffee at the moment. I looked at different books on the shelves while dragging my finger over them until I stopped on a book. 'Abandon by Meg Cabot' (I read this book before and the series so I thought why not do these books?) I looked the description that was on the inner book cover. Basically it was Pierce getting hunted by death and death wanting her back.

Seems like a good book to read. I took the book of the shelf and walked towards my armchair and sat down. The introduction was boring but as the story continued on it started to get interesting. It wasn't before long I started to feel that my eyes were heavy. I placed a book mark in the book, closed the book and drifted off to sleep.

Flashback

"Mom can you read me a story about how you and dad met again?" I asked. I was in my bed with my doll that was Charlie Brown. "Aren't you too old to to have bedtime stories?" It was true 8 years old by now and that I would be to old for stories but I can't help it. It's nice to listen stories and during that time I was different from most normal boys.

Instead of wanted to play war or doing other things like that I wanted be with nature. I would explore caves, swim in the lake that was near us and climb trees to discover new things. I would always record what I would find and write in my journal. "No I still got some time left before I bored of bedtime stories." I replied. My mom giggled before sitting on the foot of my bed.

"Ok son I'll tell the story again." She said before smiling. I always loved it when my mom and dad smile. It made me feel important, safe, and that I can make them proud of me. Like one time when I fixed something by myself and that's when dad walked in. "Did you do this son?" My dad asked. "Yeah, I did." I replied. "Son, you got my dad's repair spirit." My dad said while putting his arm around me and using his hand to point at me.

"What's that dad?" I asked him curiously. "It's where my father would fix things by himself in such timing." My dad explained. "Wow." I said in awe. Then he smiled. That's what I'm after, the smile in his eyes and the sound of their laughter. As my mom continued to tell her story my eyes started to get heavy. And I drifted off to sleep. I heard my mom get up from her bed and kissed me good night.

"Good night my son..."

.............................

I woke up to see that the clock was 8:59 am. Wow, I must've had a good nap for once. I looked over to where I placed the book and put it back on the shelf again. I walked over to the coffee maker since now I got some sleep. While I waited for the coffee to start brewing, I turned on the TV to come across add of Poppy Playtime.

Soon I'm going to be working there myself. Then my coffee was done, so I grabbed a cup and filled it with coffee. I took a slow sip of my coffee before I changed into clothes. When I got clothes on, I decided to go outside and take a long walk through the forest that was not far from my apartment building. Before I left I took a pair of clean boxer's and towel since I have a plan.

I took a few stops since I came across different types of birds, snakes, and mammals. I rested on a huge rock that was on top of a cliff with a lake down below. I figured since this was going to be one of my last free days, I was going to go swimming.

I took off my clothes until it was only my boxer's. I put my clothes and my towel on the big rock before facing the lake. I got into running position knowing that before the cliff, the water was deep enough for me to make a dive.

(Something more like this)

Soon, the water hit my body and I was underwater

Soon, the water hit my body and I was underwater. I took a look around to see a few fish swimming near by. I then looked up so that way I came head to the surface. Once I was to the surface I took a big gasp of air. Soon I was calming down my breathing and I floated on my back.

The birds were chipping here and there, fish in the water and different insects buzzing around. I got off my back and started to swim around the lake. Taking dives into the water to discover new things such as sometimes change, plastic bottles, and leaves on the floor.

I would've picked up the plastic bottles but I don't have the proper tools for it. I got out of the water since I didn't want to be too wrinkly. I sat a rock that was above the water and it wasn't too hot for me not sit. I look at the view before me to see turtles on a log next to the shore. I just spend the rest of the morning swimming before going back home to eat and chill for the rest of the day.