Chapter 17- the fight

I open my eyes and see Dylan sweating and saying something under his breath I don't understand.

He is tossing and turning.

I shake him awake and yell "Dylan!" To wake him up.

He jerks awake.

His eyes are wide and he looks terrified.

Then he looks at me and his eyes soften. He then does something weird.

He hugs me. And cry's.

I hug him back and say "shhh..." over and over to sooth him.

He pulls away from my embrace and looks at me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry guys aren't suppose to cry in front of people." He says while looking down at the bed.

"Dylan" I put my hand on his cheek and I make him look at me. "You can cry, it's okay"

"Okay, can we just watch tv or something?" he asks.

"Yeah sure"

And we lay back down cuddling and watching something that I don't even know what the hell it is but I couldn't care less because my mind won't stop asking questions.

Why does he wake up like that?

What was his dream about?

How long has this been going on?

After a while I find myself asking "what was your dream about?"

I can tell he wasn't expecting that.

He takes his arm off of me and sits up and says "um.... I don't want to talk about it"

"Why not?"

I know I'm pressuring him to tell me but he needs to talk about it with someone?

"Because I just don't want to!" He snaps at me.

"What the hell Emma?! Why are you asking me these questions?! I said I didn't want to talk about it, and what do you do? Well you keep asking questions! You even did at the lake house! Just leave it alone!"

I feel a tear slip down my cheek as I say "why are you yelling at me?"

"Because Emma you won't leave it alone! And not everyone has a perfect life like you do! Not everyone is so lucky to have all the things you have! So will you mind your own damn business!"

I feel more tears slip down my cheeks but I'm also angry as fuck so I yell back "well guess what my life isn't perfect jackass! It is anything but perfect! So you need to stop being such an ass! All I was trying to do was fucking help you but you know what?! It's not worth it anymore if your just going to be a jackass!" And with that I walk out the door. But I forgot one thing. my phone.

I walk back in the room and grab my phone and say one last thing "stay away from me Dylan." and I walk out the door.

When I walk out the front door it's freezing cold outside.

"Whats my luck?" I say to myself.

And the worst thing is, my phone is dead.

"Great, just great" I say sarcastically out loud.

So I start walking towards my house. Which is like six blocks from here. And it's so cold.

As I walk down the street I think back to what Dylan said to me.

"What the hell Emma?! Why are you asking me these questions?! I said I didn't want to talk about it, and what do you do?! You keep asking questions! You even did at the lake house! Just leave it alone!"