Chapter 02

Chapter 02

When Jungkook said that he won't bother Taehyung once Taehyung successfully do his favor, he did

When Jungkook said that he won't bother Taehyung once Taehyung successfully do his favor, he did. He literally didn't bother him after Jessica agreed to date him.

And it's been 3 months now since they were dating. Jungkook barely spends time with him because he's busy with Jessica.

Jessica there, Jessica here, Jessica everywhere.

He didn't even notice how much he hurt Taehyung. However, Taehyung still hopes Jungkook won't forget the day today.

Taehyung was waiting for Jungkook in their shared apartment. They've been living together because it saved them financially, and they were comfortable together. Besides, the apartment they rented was near the University where they study.

Suddenly, the door was opened, and a smile was plastered on Taehyung's face when he saw Jungkook coming. It was already 3:00 am and Taehyung waited 3 hours just for him.

“Hyung, why are you still awake?” Jungkook asked while removing his shoes.

“I was waiting for you.” Taehyung stood up from the couch and walked toward him.

“Why would you wait for me, Hyung? Next time, don't wait for me, I'll be late sometimes.” Jungkook said, walking passed by.

Oh, it seems Jungkook forgot the day today.

No, maybe he's just acting and wanted to surprise him.

“Well, uh, don't you have something to say to me?” Taehyung turned around to face Jungkook.

“Right, I'm glad you made me remember, Hyung.”

See, Taehyung was right, Jungkook was surely acting to surprise him.

“Jessica said Yes to me, Hyung, she's my girlfriend from now on!” Jungkook excitedly said to Taehyung.

That's not the surprise Taehyung wanted to hear.

It's his birthday today…

Did Jungkook seriously forget?

“Congrats, I'm glad to hear that. But, Jungkook, is there anything else?”

Perhaps Taehyung just needs to give him some hint or sign that it is his birthday.

“Nothing else, Hyung, that's it. I'll go sleep — now. I have to prepare for my date with Jessica later. Good night, Hyung.” Jungkook smiled and patted Taehyung's shoulder.

He went upstairs, totally forgetting today's event.

“It's my birthday, Jungkook…” Taehyung mumbled under his breath.

Tears formed in Taehyung's eyes, he knew he shouldn't get emotional that Jungkook didn't remember his birthday because it was somewhat common for friends to forget such an event like birthdays. But it hurts him because Jungkook usually remembers his birthday and surprises him.

“I guess, I'll celebrate alone.” Taehyung bitterly chuckled, wiping off the tears in his eyes.

He went to the kitchen where he prepared some food for them to celebrate and a cake for him to blow out. He sighed and sat down on the chair, lighting the candle for himself.

“Happy birthday, Taehyungie~”

“Happy birthday…”

“Happy…”

Tears fell from Taehyung's eyes while singing sadly. This was the first time he celebrated his birthday alone. After their parents died in an accident because the ship shrank while they were having a business trip, they promised that they won't leave each other. But it seemed Jungkook was slowly leaving him alone.

 But it seemed Jungkook was slowly leaving him alone